Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
HBK is the best damn Wrestler ever!
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
why would he stop at 20-0? Triple H/HBK, when their is still competion in the WWE, i won't name Undertakers next victim but i got one word for everyone.. NEXUS. NEXUS'S leader. from their? as i said Undertaker is going 5 more wrestlemanias

check the background of Nexus's leader and what they did Undertaker's story is setup for at least two Manias

25-0 is the deadline for Mark Calloway not 20-0

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Brock Lesnar
John Cena
John Cena
CM Punk
Dean Ambrose

Sounds like it.

·
HBK is the best damn Wrestler ever!
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
No, he isn't. WWE would never let Barrett face Taker at Mania, they don't like him. They've made that abundantly clear.

They wouldn't let Ambrose face him either, but whatever.

Taker will retire at WrestleMania 30. He can't stretch it to 25-0, there's no way. After Triple H, absolutely nobody is a threat. He can face Lesnar and then Cena at WrestleMania 30, but there's nobody else who is at that level of credibility. His last 4 matches have firmly established that the Streak is not just like anything else. It's not like, oh we don't have anything for this guy right now but we want to push him, so let's throw him with Taker. The Streak is only for major, established credible opponents. Lesnar and Cena are the only people who are even in the same LEAGUE as Undertaker in terms of credibility. CM Punk and Sheamus are the closest and they aren't even remote challenges.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,213 Posts
No, he isn't. WWE would never let Barrett face Taker at Mania, they don't like him. They've made that abundantly clear.

They wouldn't let Ambrose face him either, but whatever.

Taker will retire at WrestleMania 30. He can't stretch it to 25-0, there's no way. After Triple H, absolutely nobody is a threat. He can face Lesnar and then Cena at WrestleMania 30, but there's nobody else who is at that level of credibility. His last 4 matches have firmly established that the Streak is not just like anything else. It's not like, oh we don't have anything for this guy right now but we want to push him, so let's throw him with Taker. The Streak is only for major, established credible opponents. Lesnar and Cena are the only people who are even in the same LEAGUE as Undertaker in terms of credibility. CM Punk and Sheamus are the closest and they aren't even remote challenges.
I agree with you on this one. The last 4 years are supposed to leave you with one message, "You CANNOT beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania." Just putting him with someone who wants to get a chance to end the streak isn't going to work anymore.

When Brock first showed up again in WWE I thought the plan was to have him eventually face Undertaker at Wrestlemania since I had assumed that Brock was going to run through everyone that was put in front of him. Now a year of being booked as an unstoppable monster might be enough to get someone to believe that the Undertaker can be beaten but I think we're at the point where the only way to get a credible challengers is to really push someone for a really long time.

I still think the streak should eventually end though. I can't stand the idea that the Undertaker would ever stop wrestling when nobody can beat him. That's what it's going to take to keep him down. We've seen him buried alive, set on fire, and all other sorts of crazy shit but the Undertaker always comes back. I don't want to see Undertaker call it quits before someone can finally beat him.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Just LOL @ this. Your pessimism knows no bounds. If they did not like Barrett, they would fire Barrett. The problem isn't that the WWE doesn't like him, it's that they can't seem to get him over. They fed Orton to him and he didn't get over from that, then he got injured when it seemed they were building him up. I don't like Barrett, but you're just plain old negative nancy when it comes to your favorites.

Although I agree that he won't face Undertaker at Wrestlemania. But I do think he will stretch it to 25-0, it's a nice number. They'll use him to help build some new stars by having him put on good matches and feuds to put guys over the top. I can definitely see Dean Ambrose being one of those people, he kind of has a Mankind character where he likes to complain and enjoys the pain in wrestling, so it would make an interesting feud, I hope.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Just LOL @ this. Your pessimism knows no bounds. If they did not like Barrett, they would fire Barrett. The problem isn't that the WWE doesn't like him, it's that they can't seem to get him over. They fed Orton to him and he didn't get over from that, then he got injured when it seemed they were building him up. I don't like Barrett, but you're just plain old negative nancy when it comes to your favorites.
When I say "Vince doesn't like Barrett", I don't mean he sees him in the hallway and avoids contact with him, I mean he has no faith in him being able to add to his product. Which I can't understand. He does this to every English person. He turned Burchill into a pirate for no reason...Regal, a top 10 talent in WWE history gets absolutely raped by the WWE system, so what hope does Barrett have?

And don't give me the "they can't get him over" shit. They HAD him over, he was the top heel in the company and they threw him in the toilet. They certainly didn't "feed" Orton to Barrett either. He got a couple of fluke wins and then Orton absolutely killed him to blow the feud off. And does that even matter if he's over? Del Rio isn't over, Tensai isn't over, these guys are getting bigger pushes than almost anyone on the roster. And yes, I am negative when it comes to my favourites, because I have to be. WWE does not cater to those with good taste, I have to be careful not to get my expectations up.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Cena
Brock
Rock

All three could be "challenges", and they would all make sense.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
When I say "Vince doesn't like Barrett", I don't mean he sees him in the hallway and avoids contact with him, I mean he has no faith in him being able to add to his product. Which I can't understand. He does this to every English person. He turned Burchill into a pirate for no reason...Regal, a top 10 talent in WWE history gets absolutely raped by the WWE system, so what hope does Barrett have?

And don't give me the "they can't get him over" shit. They HAD him over, he was the top heel in the company and they threw him in the toilet. And does that even matter? Del Rio isn't over, Tensai isn't over, these guys are getting bigger pushes than almost anyone on the roster.
Yes it does matter. In order to be a mainstay in the WWE main events or even upper midcard, guys have to get themselves OVER and stay over. He wasn't over, the Nexus angle was over. He was the leader of the Nexus, but when that ended, what did people have to identify him with? Nothing. The Barrett Barrage? To this day I have no idea what that means. He needs something that is going to get him over with the fans, whether it is a storyline that will stick with the audience, a catchphrase that will stick, or anything else. HE NEEDS SOMETHING that when people see/hear it they think of Barrett.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Yes it does matter. In order to be a mainstay in the WWE main events or even upper midcard, guys have to get themselves OVER and stay over. He wasn't over, the Nexus angle was over. He was the leader of the Nexus, but when that ended, what did people have to identify him with? Nothing. The Barrett Barrage? To this day I have no idea what that means. He needs something that is going to get him over with the fans, whether it is a storyline that will stick with the audience, a catchphrase that will stick, or anything else. HE NEEDS SOMETHING that when people see/hear it they think of Barrett.
I don't mean does it matter in terms of the fact that every major star gets over, I mean does it matter in terms of being pushed to being world champion. If you've seen Del Rio the past few years, the answer is emphatically no. This guy has won 2 WWE titles, a Royal Rumble win, and a MITB, and he's less over than Ryback. You say he wasn't over, Nexus as an angle was over, but then you say he needs a storyline that will stick with the audience, which is exactly what that was. He was the leader of that stable, which means as a result of it being over as an angle, he was over as the leader. Who else was getting it over? Daniel Bryan was gone, Otunga didn't do it, Gabriel didn't do it, Ryback didn't do it, Tarver didn't do it, Slater didn't do it, Young definately didn't do it. Barrett did ALL the talking, he was the one facing John Cena. Say it's because of the angle but it was him who got the angle to that level. The angle wouldn't have lasted if anyone else was the leader, that's why it was him.

And please, let's not even lie about it, nobody gets themselves over. Not even your precious "D Bryan". Everybody has some angle, some championship win, some catchphrase, some feud, something that is given to him that gets it. Nobody just goes out and wrestles with nothing behind it and gets over, it can't be done. If it could, Tyson Kidd would be immensely over and he's not.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
I don't mean does it matter in terms of the fact that every major star gets over, I mean does it matter in terms of being pushed to being world champion. If you've seen Del Rio the past few years, the answer is emphatically no. This guy has won 2 WWE titles, a Royal Rumble win, and a MITB, and he's less over than Ryback. You say he wasn't over, Nexus as an angle was over, but then you say he needs a storyline that will stick with the audience, which is exactly what that was. He was the leader of that stable, which means as a result of it being over as an angle, he was over as the leader. Who else was getting it over? Daniel Bryan was gone, Otunga didn't do it, Gabriel didn't do it, Ryback didn't do it, Tarver didn't do it, Slater didn't do it, Young definately didn't do it. Barrett did ALL the talking, he was the one facing John Cena. Say it's because of the angle but it was him who got the angle to that level. The angle wouldn't have lasted if anyone else was the leader, that's why it was him.
Well it wasn't Barrett, obviously. Yes he did the talking, but who was he feuding with? The most polarizing guy in the WWE, yeah, John Cena. Everybody has a reaction when they are feuding with Cena, whether it is good or bad depending on the storyline.

And why are you so obsessed with Barrett getting a World title? You always say how the world title is meaningless because so many people that would never hold the WWE title get it, but you are constantly wanting Barrett to get it. Barrett WILL hold the World title one day, just like Cody Rhodes, but I don't think they'll be permanent main eventers, only transitional champions. That really has nothing to do with him feuding with Undertaker or Vince not liking him, though.

WWE had enough faith in the guy to be the mouth piece for the Nexus, the hottest WWE storyline in 2010, why would they not have faith in him to hold the Smackdown title?

EDIT: I disagree with your last part, guys have to get themselves over. D-Bry did do it, maybe by chanting Yes (which was his idea), or maybe by putting his time in with the indy scene enough that he gained a fanbase that would speak up for him when he basically got screwed at Wrestlemania. Either way, he had a hand in it.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I wish he would just retire. 20-0 is the perfect time to hang up the boots.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
25-0 in the next five years sounds awesome and Taker can retire at 52 years old. He should be just a WrestleMania attraction and special appearance star now anyways.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Well it wasn't Barrett, obviously. Yes he did the talking, but who was he feuding with? The most polarizing guy in the WWE, yeah, John Cena. Everybody has a reaction when they are feuding with Cena, whether it is good or bad depending on the storyline.
Not everybody. Del Rio didn't, Sheamus didn't get a reaction until his title reign was over and he started feuding with Triple H, etc. Yes, John Cena is the biggest star in the WWE, so it's easy to get over facing him, I'm not discounting that, but still, he was over during that angle. Over because of the angle? Fine, but still over. WWE fans could've easily said "we don't care about this guy, we're staying silent", but they didn't do that.

And why are you so obsessed with Barrett getting a World title? You always say how the world title is meaningless because so many people that would never hold the WWE title get it, but you are constantly wanting Barrett to get it. Barrett WILL hold the World title one day, just like Cody Rhodes, but I don't think they'll be permanent main eventers, only transitional champions. That really has nothing to do with him feuding with Undertaker or Vince not liking him, though.
I don't think the SmackDown title is completely meaningless. Yes, it's devalued, yes it's the tribute reign title, yes they'll give it to the black guys which they'll never do for the WWE Championship, but it's still a world title. It's just the WWE version of the WCW title, so Vince doesn't protect it like he does his baby. I don't exactly want Barrett to win the World Heavyweight Championship, I want the WWE Championship, absolutely, but I'll take what I have to settle for, much like I did with Christian when he was lucky enough to fluke a title reign out of Edge's retirement. There's no way he'll ever become WWE Champion, and while I don't think he'll ever become WHC either, it's certainly a lot likelier than a WWE title reign would be, as bleak as that is.

WWE had enough faith in the guy to be the mouth piece for the Nexus, the hottest WWE storyline in 2010, why would they not have faith in him to hold the Smackdown title?
I don't know, ask Vince McMahon, but that's the case or he'd have won it by now. WWE doesn't wait to push people to the main event anymore, we've had about 5 world champions in the past few years who won the title in about a year and a half of being in the company, if not even sooner. If you don't get it in a certain amount of time, it's not going to happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.