Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a rumour, that one of the original plans for WM 26 were for Undertaker and Vince McMahon to have a main event feud, which was to be instigated by Vince attempting to screw Taker during his WHC feud with CM Punk back in 2009.

As for Shawn Michaels, it was planned that Triple H would retire him in a match at WM 26.

Personally, I would've preferred to see Taker vs Vince at Mania 26 than Taker/HBK II. The reason is because I don't like back to back matches happening at Mania. It's one of my pet hates in Wrestling. Plus, it would've prevented us from seeing that utterly awful match between Bret and Vince at WM 26. A feud between Vinnie Mac and Taker would've been fresh, with Vince going back to his 1998 Mr McMahon persona, and it would've made for compelling TV.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
No it was originally suppose to be

HBK vs Miz
Taker vs Drew McIntyre.

I'm not joking.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Would've preferred to see Taker vs. Cena (Streak vs. WWE Title), Batista vs. Sheamus, and HBK vs. HHH.

If Shawn wasn't retiring, HBK vs. CM Punk would've been a great option for the card.

·
Registered
180 Posts
WM26 in my opinion is one of the better Wrestlemania's they have put on as for in ring action goes. However I agree that Vince vs Bret match was just atrocious, but HBK & Taker put on a hell of a match just as good as the previous years match. That show holds up against most ppvs WWE have done bar the Vince vs Bret match.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts