Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would REALLY love to see Undertaker and Kane face off in a Inferno match at Survivor Series (there's not enough time to build it up for Bragging Rights) I would love to see that as there hasn't been one forever and it would be a great match as Kane is on top during the feud at this point. I am not against seeing a Buried alive match, but it has gone in that direction before, so maybe a Inferno match would be better? What do you guys think? Would love to see some of your opinions on what you wanna see.

·
prefers your mum on top
1,612 Posts
Pretty sure this is where it's heading after the commentator's comments following Kane's latest promo: "I shudder to think what that phrase means.... I don't know what he can mean by... It's just warming up?"

Inferno match fo sho.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure this is where it's heading after the commentator's comments following Kane's latest promo: "I shudder to think what that phrase means.... I don't know what he can mean by... It's just warming up?"

Inferno match fo sho.
I hope this is where its heading, I think it would be a great match to heat this feud up (No pun intended)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I am not against seeing a Buried alive match, but it has gone in that direction before, so maybe a Inferno match would be better?
I don't think they should do an Inferno match. There's been 4 Inferno matches in history, Kane has been in them all and he has faced Undertaker in two of them.

Kane and Undertaker hasn't faced each other in a Buried Alive match yet. (Yes, their 2nd feud did start there, but it was Taker facing Vince McMahon). I for one would prefer the Buried Alive match over Inferno match, I like the match better as well to be honest. In an Inferno match, as intense as it can be, it's almost impossible to leave the ring without being sat on fire, and there will be less thing to do in the match.

Whereas in a Buried Alive match, you start in the ring, and you can go anywhere from there, it's more fun to watch IMO.

All in all, an Inferno match wouldn't suck, it just wouldn't be as good as a Buried Alive match.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think they should do an Inferno match. There's been 4 Inferno matches in history, Kane has been in them all and he has faced Undertaker in two of them.

Kane and Undertaker hasn't faced each other in a Buried Alive match yet. (Yes, their 2nd feud did start there, but it was Taker facing Vince McMahon). I for one would prefer the Buried Alive match over Inferno match, I like the match better as well to be honest. In an Inferno match, as intense as it can be, it's almost impossible to leave the ring without being sat on fire, and there will be less thing to do in the match.

Whereas in a Buried Alive match, you start in the ring, and you can go anywhere from there, it's more fun to watch IMO.

All in all, an Inferno match wouldn't suck, it just wouldn't be as good as a Buried Alive match.

Well normally I would enjoy a match where lots of weapons can be used, but these days they don't use a lot and there isn't a lot of exciting things except pushing each other into things or just using a shovel for a weapon, atleast with a Inferno match there is a guarantee of something very interesting happening lol. But like I said I wouldn't be opposed to a Buried alive match at all, its just I haven't seen a Inferno Match in a very long time so it would be pretty neat. Plus they could have Paul Bearer turn off the gas and let Kane go get some weapons to bring into the ring lol

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The Taker and Kane fued will not end at Bragging Rights with the Buried Alive match imo. I could easily see neither Kane or Taker being buried but Kane running off, leaving Taker to bury Bearer. This effectively writes Bearer back out the equation and "evens" things so to speak between the Brothers of Destruction.

Survivor Series I would guess would be their last battle (this year). If Kane loses he'll probably appear on Raw a few weeks later, as if nothing has happened (WWE are fond of stuff like this) or Taker loses and returns at the Rumble, re-ignighting the fued, leading to a possible final Wrestlemania moment for the two of them.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I don't like the idea of an inferno match. Not with the shape they're both in, the rating it will have. This type of match just looks good, in todays era it wouldn't add anything. It'd just be a 1 on 1 match with fire. Taker wont be jumping over the fire and Kane wont be set on fire, which is probably the main reasons we all watched Inferno matches in the past.

Just random, who remembers the Godawful inferno match on, I think it was, Attitude on the PS1???

·
Registered
591 Posts
I don't like the idea of an inferno match. Not with the shape they're both in, the rating it will have. This type of match just looks good, in todays era it wouldn't add anything. It'd just be a 1 on 1 match with fire. Taker wont be jumping over the fire and Kane wont be set on fire, which is probably the main reasons we all watched Inferno matches in the past.

Just random, who remembers the Godawful inferno match on, I think it was, Attitude on the PS1???
I thought that was on ECW Anarchy Rulez, which was an ECW version of Attitude, with loads more stuff. But I remember it being like lava out of the ring, and when you threw someone in, there was a "ball" of fire and they were gone... like they had been fried alive...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
kane and undertaker can still get the job done in the ring even in this era. there is nothing wrong with a inferno match in the pg era... even though this era is pg, people still have to understand that they have to be responsible for their own children and help them understand that this stuff isnt real. plus in the inferno match, its not like they set the person's entire skin and body on fire. usually they set a piece of prop attire on fire and be done with the match. undertaker got burned more in the botch entrance that happened a while back. i think that these two guys have two good matches left. the one at bragging rights and then the one at the following ppv.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I personally think that Survivor Series will mark the end of the rivalry with Undertaker winning the World Heavyweight title then, due to it being the 20th anniversary of his debut. At least Kane's had a decent title run so far.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
My two main problems with this are that they'd have ran through three big gimmick matches in three PPVs and the predictability of it. How do you figure Kane is going to lose an inferno match with no clothing on his upper body? His glove catches fire lol? That would be lame after advertising that someone's gonna burn. So would Undertaker really lose at his 20th anniversary? Meh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts