Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Taker nearly dropped Goldberg on his head last time. AJ should stay away. He is already injured I hear

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,268 Posts
Can 2 guys who haven't had a good match in years have a good match together? I imagine they'd both be under a lot of pressure to prove they aren't washed up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thinking about it

WrestleMania 36 filled with middle aged longtimers such as: Cena, Undertaker, Edge, Rey, Goldberg, Sheamus, Styles, Joe, Orton and Lashley.

Is the equivalent of WrestleMania 16 consisting of Rhodes, Funk, Hogan, Piper, Hart, Sting, Nash, Hall, Luger and Sid.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Isnt he retired already? Thought he was ...Otherwise, a match with AJ would be great... If anyone can get a good match, its definitely AJ..

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I'd like to see AJ vs. Undertaker. Getting past the fact that Taker should be retired, he's not, and AJ deserves to have a match with him on his record. Styles adapted to WWE better than anyone could have imagined, and it'd be cool to get that marquee match. I think Styles could get a good match out of Taker too. Maybe not great, but certainly better than most Taker outings over the last few years.

Can 2 guys who haven't had a good match in years have a good match together? I imagine they'd both be under a lot of pressure to prove they aren't washed up.
Styles has definitely slowed down a bit, but you really think he hasn't a good match in years? You didn't rate his match with Rollins at MITB, the Mania match with Orton, his matches with Ricochet?

·
Registered
64 Posts
After last night, it seems like Bryan is the one being built up to a Mania match. He's still reeling over his loss to Fiend, and seems out to prove something. I'd actually prefer that match-up, given that Bryan's style, unlike AJ's, wouldn't be limited wrestling Taker.

Is AJ cleared for Mania, BTW? What had been said of his injury at the Rumble?

·
None. More. Hated.
5,088 Posts
I mean, the match will be fine..but whats the heat? Are they gonna do it like the year Punk faced Taker and have a random fatal 4 way where the winner gets Taker? Taker makes a random appearance and the OC jumps him because..why? When they did it with Punk they played into Bearers death which created a shitload of buzz around the feud. If Sting is actually cleared they should just do the shit. Give them 6 minutes hitting all their shit and get out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't expect too much from this match considering Undertaker's condition but I think it would be great for AJ to have a win over him at Wrestlemania. I hope WWE aren't that crazy to put a 55 year old over one of their current top faces, the streak is not a thing for years now.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
After last night, it seems like Bryan is the one being built up to a Mania match. He's still reeling over his loss to Fiend, and seems out to prove something. I'd actually prefer that match-up, given that Bryan's style, unlike AJ's, wouldn't be limited wrestling Taker.

Is AJ cleared for Mania, BTW? What had been said of his injury at the Rumble?
I think/hope Bryan proves himself by either facing Nakamura or going to NXT and trying to win the NXT Title in order to promote that show a bit more. But Styles seems to be working Saudi Arabia, so I imagine he'll be doing WrestleMania.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Taker vs Styles wouldn't be bad. It's about the only fresh heel opponent he has left that he's never faced before. Either him or Rollins.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Isn´t that a bit random?
But if anyone can have a good match with Undertaker at this point in time, it´s AJ. :)
Same thing I thought. The type of worker that AJ is, and the way we can fly around and bump for Taker but in a smart way. He’s probably the only dude on the roster that can still get an above average match with him. I’m okay with it actually.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,200 Posts
This doesn't excite me one bit. Black would have been a better opponent for Taker.

It should be:

Fiend vs Cena Universal Title
McIntyre vs Lesnar WWE Title
Reigns vs Goldberg Spear vs Spear
AJ Styles vs Almas vs Garza vs Mysterio vs Ricochet 5 Pack Challenge US Title
Strowman vs Sheamus IC Title
KO/Joe vs Rollins/AOP 2 vs 3 Street Fight
Black vs Taker
Edge vs Orton
Becky vs Shayna RAW Womens Title
Charlotte vs Ripley vs Bianca NXT Womens Title
Sasha vs Bayley SD Womens Title

That's what the full WMania card should look like.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts