Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hope not. I love Taker, but he needs to sit WM out, or make a non-wrestling appearance at best. I was hoping for Aleister Black to step up and challenge AJ to a Mania match.

I think the card is gonna look something like Lesnar/Drew, Seth/KO (stipulation match), Orton/Edge, Reigns/Goldberg, Cena/Fiend, Bryan (or Taker)/Corbin, Becky/Shayna, Charlotte/Rhea/Bianca, Bayley/Sasha/Alexa (any variation), Andrade/Garza/Humberto/Rey (any variation), Multi-man IC Title Match (Nak, Cesaro, Sheamus, Bobby, and Dolph as challengers?), and a pair of Four Corners Tag Matches.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
I hope they go a different route for this one, and have Styles act cocky heading into this match. He can be the one guy that doesn't revere The Undertaker or what he's done. How many times was Taker WWE Champion for over a year?

Styles says that Taker has hand-picked Styles as a Mania opponent because he wants to be remembered as having a classic fight. He thinks that because Styles is small, he won't be able to finish it quickly, and because Styles is a smaller, he'll be able to toss him around and look like a monster. But Styles is here to win. And he's going to make it look like it "ain't no thing" (new catchphrase). He's going to go four straight wins at WrestleMania and Taker is going to be three and out.

Shawn Michaels confronts AJ Styles on an episode of Raw and asks him if he really thinks he can do what The Showstopper couldn't. Gallows & Anderson prevent HBK from leaving. Shawn realizes his fate, hangs his head, goes down swinging against Styles but ends up being put in the Calf-Crusher and tapping out.

Styles continues to trash The Undertaker for trying to appeal to the fans who want a competitive match. Small minds are entertained by small things. AJ Styles is focused on big things, wins and championships.

Of course the match it competitive, which is the rub Styles gives to Taker. Styles is wearing his Taker-inspired gear with the purple and the gloves. Styles works the leg. A Last Ride out of the corner is countered by Styles, who launches himself over and hits a Pele kick. A Phenomenal Forearm is caught and Styles is Chokeslammed. A dazed pin attempt from Taker sees his own Hell's Gate used against him by Styles. Taker picks up Styles and hits the Last Ride. Styles kicks out. Taker goes for the Tombstone but Styles reverses and hits one of his own because the leg gives out. Taker kicks out. A Hell's Gate from Taker is countered into a Styles Clash. Styles rolls over but Taker turns the pin into a modified choke. Styles gets to the ropes. Gallows & Anderson make their way out and Taker hits the big dive. He gets back in the ring and does the throat signal and hits a Tombstone on Styles. Styles kicks the fuck out. Taker pulls down the straps (assuming he is in good enough shape to do so). He goes to pick up Styles but gets cradled. Taker kicks out, but Styles rolls it into the Calf-Crusher. Taker gets to the ropes. A loaded glove is used by Gallows to knock Taker loopy.

Styles is getting cocky and is taunting Taker, who is dazed on the ropes. Styles does his pose, then turns it into Taker's throat cut. The Dead Man surges up and grabs Styles by the throat. Another Chokeslam. Anderson knocked off the apron. Gallows tosses the loaded glove to Styles, but is knocked off the apron by Taker. Styles with the loaded glove. Taker catches him by the throat, tosses the weapon, Styles low blows, Styles Clash attempt, back body drop out. Throat cut. Taker looks for the Tombstone, Styles floats out and backs into the corner, Taker goes for the boot, misses, hurts his leg, Calf-Crusher, Taker fucking taps.

Styles is pulled out of there by his boys, who are stoked. Styles sells it like the biggest win since the WWE Championship and is obviously selling it as a monumental moment in his life, despite all his trash-talk to the contrary. Taker gets back to his feet in the ring. The crowd gives Taker his nod. He gets on one knee. Kane comes out and gives him a hug. Vince does the same thing, probably visibly crying, so you know this is the last Mania for Taker. Taker does his salute on the stage one last time as we zoom in on the 23 as some sort of tribute video to Taker plays to Leave the Memories Alone or whatever.

Provided Taker is spritely enough to pull himself up using the ropes and do a big boot into a corner, take a Styles Clash and power Styles up for the Last Ride, this could be a fucking phenomenal match.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
1,931 Posts
Jesus Christ, can Taker just fuckin retire already. I was a big taker fan and he’s one of the best ever. But he’s done. He can barely move and is just hurting his legacy now.

Nothing sadder when the great ones don’t know when it’s time.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
If this happens, this is very likely to be his last one. I see him retiring at Survivor Series. The show can be promoted as "30 Years of The Undertaker."

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
the last time Taker had a really good match was in 2015 against Lesnar. I know some people didnt enjoy those matches or liked some of the matches he had after that but to me atleast that was the last really good one. everything after that was horrible. he looked really good in his match against Cena but that was only 2 minutes.

·
Registered
22,622 Posts
Styles is one of the few guys they have that could get something close to a "great" match out of Taker these days.

AJ would bump his ass off for Taker and AJ's offense is adaptable enough to work with someone of Takers size and limitations. Who knows if this rumor is true, but I'm down for it.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Weren't there plans of doing Styles vs Taker at the Royal Rumble 2017, but they didn't think Taker could deliver with Styles who was on fire at the time. f Taker couldn't produce a good match with Styles in 2017 how's he gonna do it in 2020?

I'm not that interested in this match in 2020.

·
Registered
902 Posts
The amount of people in this thread suggesting that Undertaker can have anything resembling a DECENT match, let alone a "Great" match, with his age, is insane.
I don't want Undertaker back, EVER, Period. If he's there at WM, he will do his iconic 15 minute entrance, and the match will SUCK and we will all complain about it and ask "but why did they bring back this old man to just wreck his career more, instead of putting AJ in a better match."

I don't want a damn thing out of taker, and you shouldn't either, based on everything he's done in the last 5 years.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
If this were 3 or even 2 years ago it might end up surprising in a good way. But today? Taker is close to done and I'm frankly not sure AJ is at an elite level anymore in the ring. His matches have ended up undershooting below expectations for almost 2 years now.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
Who has Taker worked with that could have given him a great match? Goldberg? Triple H? Come on now. Shane McMahon? Drew McIntyre? Brock Lesnar? Hell, I like I lot of those guys, but the goal of those things wasn't to have a "great match." The goal with AJ Styles would be.

This is just like when people were saying that Brock Lesnar vs. AJ Styles was going to suck because Brock can't work anymore. Taker's a bit older and was never as nimble, but I'm sure the reason behind the match is to do something with a different flavor.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Who has Taker worked with that could have given him a great match? Goldberg? Triple H? Come on now. Shane McMahon? Drew McIntyre? Brock Lesnar? Hell, I like I lot of those guys, but the goal of those things wasn't to have a "great match." The goal with AJ Styles would be.

This is just like when people were saying that Brock Lesnar vs. AJ Styles was going to suck because Brock can't work anymore. Taker's a bit older and was never as nimble, but I'm sure the reason behind the match is to do something with a different flavor.
Nobody was saying that. People were saying that match was going to suck because it was expected to be a quick squash like all his other matches at the time.

There is a big difference between Brock Lesnar who can still work to this day & Undertaker who lost that ability years ago.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I still would like to see the scenario where we find out that Corbin is actually Undertaker’s son.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I still would like to see the scenario where we find out that Corbin is actually Undertaker’s son.
:D

Truth be told if they are to use The Undertaker again it would be nice to see some character development. For a western mortician/unkillable deadman/biker, they haven't really done anything with it since 2010.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,492 Posts
AJ can carry Taker to a good match and with nothing else for in the cards for AJ I'm not against this decision either.

Of course I would rather have AJ vs Punk, HHH, Or Edge since he won't have to do so much heavy lifting it's an opportunity of a lifetime to compete at Wrestlemania against The Deadman anyway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hope they go a different route for this one, and have Styles act cocky heading into this match. He can be the one guy that doesn't revere The Undertaker or what he's done. How many times was Taker WWE Champion for over a year?

Styles says that Taker has hand-picked Styles as a Mania opponent because he wants to be remembered as having a classic fight. He thinks that because Styles is small, he won't be able to finish it quickly, and because Styles is a smaller, he'll be able to toss him around and look like a monster. But Styles is here to win. And he's going to make it look like it "ain't no thing" (new catchphrase). He's going to go four straight wins at WrestleMania and Taker is going to be three and out.

Shawn Michaels confronts AJ Styles on an episode of Raw and asks him if he really thinks he can do what The Showstopper couldn't. Gallows & Anderson prevent HBK from leaving. Shawn realizes his fate, hangs his head, goes down swinging against Styles but ends up being put in the Calf-Crusher and tapping out.

Styles continues to trash The Undertaker for trying to appeal to the fans who want a competitive match. Small minds are entertained by small things. AJ Styles is focused on big things, wins and championships.

Of course the match it competitive, which is the rub Styles gives to Taker. Styles is wearing his Taker-inspired gear with the purple and the gloves. Styles works the leg. A Last Ride out of the corner is countered by Styles, who launches himself over and hits a Pele kick. A Phenomenal Forearm is caught and Styles is Chokeslammed. A dazed pin attempt from Taker sees his own Hell's Gate used against him by Styles. Taker picks up Styles and hits the Last Ride. Styles kicks out. Taker goes for the Tombstone but Styles reverses and hits one of his own because the leg gives out. Taker kicks out. A Hell's Gate from Taker is countered into a Styles Clash. Styles rolls over but Taker turns the pin into a modified choke. Styles gets to the ropes. Gallows & Anderson make their way out and Taker hits the big dive. He gets back in the ring and does the throat signal and hits a Tombstone on Styles. Styles kicks the fuck out. Taker pulls down the straps (assuming he is in good enough shape to do so). He goes to pick up Styles but gets cradled. Taker kicks out, but Styles rolls it into the Calf-Crusher. Taker gets to the ropes. A loaded glove is used by Gallows to knock Taker loopy.

Styles is getting cocky and is taunting Taker, who is dazed on the ropes. Styles does his pose, then turns it into Taker's throat cut. The Dead Man surges up and grabs Styles by the throat. Another Chokeslam. Anderson knocked off the apron. Gallows tosses the loaded glove to Styles, but is knocked off the apron by Taker. Styles with the loaded glove. Taker catches him by the throat, tosses the weapon, Styles low blows, Styles Clash attempt, back body drop out. Throat cut. Taker looks for the Tombstone, Styles floats out and backs into the corner, Taker goes for the boot, misses, hurts his leg, Calf-Crusher, Taker fucking taps.

Styles is pulled out of there by his boys, who are stoked. Styles sells it like the biggest win since the WWE Championship and is obviously selling it as a monumental moment in his life, despite all his trash-talk to the contrary. Taker gets back to his feet in the ring. The crowd gives Taker his nod. He gets on one knee. Kane comes out and gives him a hug. Vince does the same thing, probably visibly crying, so you know this is the last Mania for Taker. Taker does his salute on the stage one last time as we zoom in on the 23 as some sort of tribute video to Taker plays to Leave the Memories Alone or whatever.

Provided Taker is spritely enough to pull himself up using the ropes and do a big boot into a corner, take a Styles Clash and power Styles up for the Last Ride, this could be a fucking phenomenal match.
Naw. It ends in countouts from the top of the middle rope. Both lose cause it's horn trouble

21 - 40 of 89 Posts