Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I was hoping for HHH against Styles while Taker took on Bryan, but this works. I think we basically have our Mania card now.

Reigns vs. Fiend
Brock vs. Drew
Styles vs. Taker
Cena vs. Bryan
Edge vs. Orton
Owens and Joe vs. Rollins and Murphy

We'll also likely get some kind of tag match between Usos, New Day, and Miz and Morrison. They already started the build last week. Guessing it may be a ladder match.

The only big question mark is Strowman and whatever they have planned for him. Unless it's Bryan vs. Strowman and Cena isn't in a match.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping for HHH against Styles while Taker took on Bryan, but this works. I think we basically have our Mania card now.

Reigns vs. Fiend
Brock vs. Drew
Styles vs. Taker
Cena vs. Bryan
Edge vs. Orton
Owens and Joe vs. Rollins and Murphy

We'll also likely get some kind of tag match between Usos, New Day, and Miz and Morrison. They already started the build last week. Guessing it may be a ladder match.

The only big question mark is Strowman and whatever they have planned for him. Unless it's Bryan vs. Strowman and Cena isn't in a match.
According to wrestlevotes,

So I don't think it will be Cena vs Bryan

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I had it as

Undertaker/Cena
Triple H/Styles
Wyatt/Reigns

I find it hard to believe Triple H won't be on the card and Goldberg will.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Isn´t that a bit random?
But if anyone can have a good match with Undertaker at this point in time, it´s AJ. :)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Interesting pairing to say the least. I'm on board with that idea. The divergent styles of their work should make it more intriguing.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
Styles is one of the few guys who could get a great match out of Taker. The Phenom vs. Phenomenal One.

My heart wants Goldberg vs. Reigns for the belt and Wyatt vs. Cena away from it. Would be fine with Wyatt vs. Cena for the belt and/or Goldberg beating Cena for some shine after putting over Wyatt. Really, they can do no wrong there.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
I thought the plan was AJ vs. Edge but AJ got injured so they swapped him out for Orton

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Styles is a phenomenal performer (no pun intended) and will pull out a good match with the Undertaker.

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
Not 2 guys I thought would work together for a match but it's fresh and 2 of the top wrestlers all time. Could be a decent match.

·
Ho!
17,508 Posts
Yes - hopefully this is actually true and they're finally giving Taker one of the few guys who can potentially bring him to a great match.

Although Taker really should be facing (and retiring) to The Fiend at Mania, Styles and Bryan are probably the only two other guys I'd be OK with Taker facing at this point.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I should be excited for this and would have been 10 years ago. But another WM featuring middle aged men who became TV stars back when The Simpsons and American Dad were hot and fresh. Plus, I'm not sure why this exists in the narrative. Styles has lost a lot of matches and Taker had his yard raided by Brock and Roman.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
I'm fine with this. But Sting might be mad that he never got his match against Undertaker while AJ Styles can get it.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts