Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really cannot come up with any other explanation for Nexus' interferance in last nights match? I think it's a possibility that when Taker returns (In a couple on months I believe?) that he may blame Cena as he was part of Nexus and he didn't come out to try and help Taker at all. With big rumours of a Taker vs Cena match at the next Mania I really cannot see any other explanation, if that doesn't happen what would of been the point of it all?

I was really expecting for Cena to come out and try fight them off until Wade Barret ordered Cena to bury Taker himself which could of set up their match for Mania.

Thoughts?

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
I was thinking to myself that somebody was going to get involved, because 'Taker was stalling for time while yanking around Paul Bearer.

When I saw that it was Nexus, I was momentarily surprised. Then I realized this could lead to Cena involvement, and thus set up Taker/Cena for WrestleMania.

Needless to say, I was a little disappointed that Cena wasn't even involved with the segment. They can still rectify that in the future - for instance, by having Barrett force Cena to confront 'Taker on behalf of Nexus once 'Taker returns for vengeance - but I still expected to see Cena play a part last night.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I believe what you're forgetting is that it is only a rumor about Cena vs. 'Taker at Wrestlemania, so it's not for sure.

It might not happen, which means the Cena/Undertaker angle does NOT have to work.

There's also been rumors about another 'Taker vs......Kane, Lesner, or even some kind of new brother of destruction fpalm

·
Registered
721 Posts
Brock VS Taker WM. But I really don't want Taker to lose the streak to Brock in WM.
I'd rather see the top face of WWE Cena or one of the up and coming top dogs of the WWE.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,810 Posts
Nah. You're looking too far into it. They probably aren't even going to mention the attack ever again.
I highly doubt that. They needed a finish that protected Taker so he didn't lose to Kane cleanly ala Night of Champions and give him a new enemy whenever he returns. Kane-Taker is worn out and seems like very few (including casuals judging by the recent crowds) want to see it continue for much longer, if at all. Throwing Nexus at Taker creates a new storyline for him whenever he returns to action (I'm guessing Royal Rumble).

It's like the ending of his Hell in a Cell match with Shawn Michaels. Up to that point, Taker had been directly feuding with HBK due to the finish at Summerslam. (Meanwhile, Paul Bearer and Taker were interacting with regards to the backstory being provided for Kane's eventual debut.) Well, until last night, Taker had been directly feuding with Kane, but with Nexus costing him the match and burying him alive along with Kane, the focus can shift easily to a new target for Taker whenever he comes back.

Let's not forget that Nexus and Taker do have a little piece of history dating back to the 900th episode, where Nexus got in the Taker-Kane storyline for one night.

If they never mention it again, then it was, in the words of Randy Orton, "Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
That Nexus attack was just too random to ignore, they will definitely explain it. Probably they want to borrow the urn to add Taker as Nexus member? Lol, crazy thought, i know, but this is WWE after all.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
it was done to make the undertaker not look weak. he already lost at 2 consecutive ppv to kane so they did the nexus stuff to not make it look so bad. plus the undertaker is injured

1 - 14 of 14 Posts