Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imo he should have won till last year than losing this year in his last match....that would have been a better story

·
Banned
150 Posts
Just numbers ultimately. To be real though NO ONE will ever come close or surpass Taker's unbelievably impressive legendary record. Must of us will be dead or close to it IF it does happen.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Absolutely.

He already lost at mania. The shine was off. He's been a nostalgia act since his second match with Brock. His last WM win was over the boss'x kid.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
The best moment to retire was after beating Triple H at WM28. It was the End of an Era. I don't even mind if he lost, would've been a great way to end the streak by that Sweet Chin Music followed by the Pedigree. If HBK couldn't do it alone, and HHH couldn't either. Then maybe as a team they could.

Reactions: Shaun_27

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I think it would have been better to have him face Sting at Wrestlemania 30 and keep the streak until roman beat him at mania 33.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Very nice thread OP.

I think you should make this a poll.

I would say, 20-0. I dont buy this BS that he has to go out on his back. His last good match was against Punk, and that should have been it.

Taker's a hypocrite in real life, and I believed him when he said that as soon as he feels that he cant keep up anymore, he will hang it up (he said this in various interviews), and I was expecting him to keep his word given this aura of "respect" and "locker room leader" that he seems to have.

O wellz...

·
Registered
358 Posts
It was right that Lesnar broke the streak, then the next year he should have found Sting.....under darkened light and a black ring. It's criminal that Taker v Sting did not happen!!

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
Once the Streak was ended by Brock, that should've been it, Period.

Any matches he had afterward had no meaning at all. :shrug

It was always about the streak.

And just think : We all have John "Ego" Cena(and Vince "Let's treat Brock like he's a WCW guy and have him lose to a WWE guy" Mcmahon) to thank for this, thanks to not letting Brock go over at Extreme Rules

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Once the Streak was ended by Brock, that should've been it, Period.

Any matches he had afterward had no meaning at all. :shrug

It was always about the streak.

And just think : We all have John "Ego" Cena(and Vince "Let's treat Brock like he's a WCW guy and have him lose to a WWE guy" Mcmahon) to thank for this, thanks to not letting Brock go over at Extreme Rules
Many of the booking was shit

·
Registered
9,697 Posts
Undertaker should have retired after WM28. His match with HHH and the End of an Era tagline was the perfect way to go out. I'm a big fan of the Punk/Taker match, but I could have done without given how perfect WM28 was for Taker.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I agree with you in the sense that it would have heightened the drama of the moment, but maybe to a sensational and unbearable level (imagine combining the emotion of last night with the shock of Lesnar breaking the streak).

One thing that kind of "audience trauma" would have done is ABSOLUTELY necessitated a Reigns heel turn.
They came away from last night with a disdain born from inevitability (a very typical emotion where Reigns is concerned), which delusional bookers can interpret along the lines of their current thinking: "Any reaction is good reaction".

Now imagine if taker lost the streak AND retired last night:
Reigns would come out tonight and they COULD mute the crowd, but that wouldn't do ANYTHING about the people in the front row, not just giving a placid boos and thumbs down, but violently gesturing, and CLEARLY mouthing "FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!" Basically the more hyperbolic posters on this forum in physical form (and this may happen anyway).

All of that would cause people to blame ROMAN (rather than time and aging) for Taker retiring, completely forgetting that the show is a work, and become not just disdainful, but hateful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts