1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Yeah, in my dreams. This is NOT happening...at least not in the sense of "passing the torch" meaning that Barrett ends his Streak.

However, if the Streak was magically broken, whoever broke it would be so over as a heel that they'd never be able to be a face again.....so in that sense, it might as well be Wade Barrett since he embodies a heel too much to turn face anyway.

·
Registered
661 Posts
So Barrett is going to obtain demonic powers, be able to manipulate lights, crawl out from under the ring and drag people under, and have an insanely long winning streak at Wrestlemania? Sure why not?

In all seriousness, this sounds somewhat plausible, but at the same time, I don't think that Barrett seems like the guy to break Undertaker's "legendary" streak. It's just too early I think. If the torch is to be passed, it will have to be in a different way than breaking "the streak."

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
thx for the artical

No. I'm not a big Taker fan, but this guy has this streak that he's kept for about 20 years.

To have Barrett show that he's tough, and rough, and big and devious... I think he should STOP the Undertaker from competing in WrestleMania. Perhaps a clean win or something, just, not the streak.

Also, I like how the article said that the IWC has been reporting this. How is this a report and how can they say Taker wants to, or looks to passing the torch to Barrett when no backstage proof has been shown?

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
After HBK/Taker, and the beating Taker took from one of the best wrestlers of all time...nobody should be able to end the streak. It simply woulden't be believable.

·
Ho!
18,043 Posts
The factor that needs to be taken into account if anyone ends the streak, more than anything else, is how long they will stay in WWE afterward. If the guy who ends the streak leaves WWE shortly after, then what a waste of something as big as the streak. Basically, I'm calling Wade Barrett's loyalty into question. Now I don't know how loyal he is, and hell, who knows, maybe no one does except Wade Barrett, but if he ends the streak, he better stick around for at least 10 years after ending it.

That being put aside, Barrett is the perfect candidate to end the streak if anyone must. He's a born heel, he's had exposure in the main event, involved in a top angle, could benefit greatly from it, and since he's never faced Taker before, who knows what he could bring to the table come Mania time. I would be a-okay with Barrett ending the streak, even if I don't think the streak should be ended period.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
The only person i can see ending the streak is kane. Since their feud isnt over yet, i think kane could be one of the last people in the rumble about to win and takers music hits, leading to their match at wm.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
If anybody should end the streak, it should be someone who's going to be able to benefit from it for a long time. Kane can't but someone like Barrett (a good and young guy)can. Not saying he should end it, but if it is going to be ended it should be by someone young with a very bright future.

·
Premium Member
12,242 Posts
Barrett has a bright future ahead of him, but he does need to end the streak of The Undertaker. And he won't either. Taker should and will retire with the streak intact.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
The streak should not be broken.

And I really hope Taker doesn't waste one of his final Wrestlemania victories with Barrett. The guy just got completely destroyed by Cena over and over and over... and we're supposed to believe that Taker, a guy even more powerful than Cena, considers him a threat? Please.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The streak should not be broken.

And I really hope Taker doesn't waste one of his final Wrestlemania victories with Barrett. The guy just got completely destroyed by Cena over and over and over... and we're supposed to believe that Taker, a guy even more powerful than Cena, considers him a threat? Please.
Barrett & Cena are 2 for 2 Wade beat Cena at HIAC & Night of Champions Cena beat Wade at TLC & Summerslam yeah he got buried under the chairs but he didnt get destroyed by Cena Miz got sort of the same treatment back in early 09 and look at him now .

·
Registered
648 Posts
Absolutely NOT Barrett. God, please no. I'd rather Drew McIntyre break the streak.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
why would he want to pass the torch to someone like wade barret? :confused:

if anyone should end the streak it should be cena, he has more experience than barrett

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
why would he want to pass the torch to someone like wade barret? :confused:

if anyone should end the streak it should be cena, he has more experience than barrett
i think your missing the point if Taker gives his streak to someone it should be someone who is up and coming Cena has no need to end Takers streak as he is already the biggest star in the company for a guy like Wade or Del Rio it would be the ultimate rub on there careers .

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Wade is decent but he is NOT ready for this. Give him a few more years before you pull the trigger on something this huge.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Barrett still isn't confident enough in the ring to work a major feud with Undertaker; he needs more practice, preferably in a mid-card feud with a more technical wrestler like Daniel Bryan. On the other hand, he's world class on the mic and massively over as a monster heel. If this is to happen, then it should happen at Wrestlemania 28 in 2012, by which time Barrett could be a much more credible opponent.

But the suggestion that the only suitable opponent for 'Taker is Cena is ridiculous. Can you imagine the most fearsome character in WWE history pathetically tapping out to the No-Pressure STF? You may as well employ Santino to stun him with the Fingerpoke of Doo...er, I mean the Cobra.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts