Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After what Undertaker kicked out of WM 28 in HIAC its pretty damn obvious Cena has no chance of beating him if they face. I mean multiple pedigrees a super kick into a pedigree multiple chair shots sledgehammer shots, so i'm pretty sure an AA or 2 wouldn't do the trick if it did than that would be hilarious.

Lol i just think of all the big finishers and spots Taker has kicked out of at Mania then i think back to smackdown of Vladimir Kozlov beating him clean, guess Trple H and Shawn Michaels are no Kozlov, lol.

But if you think about it isn't it kinda ridiculous that Taker always kicks out of finishers even if they're hit 2 or 3 times? even if a sledgehammer is driven into his skull? In a way it kinda makes others like Cena look bad when 1 Rock Bottom can pin him and Taker can kick out of pretty much anything threw at him.

I love Taker and i love the streak but the way they've had him kick out of finishers left and right make his matches at Mania a little predictable because whenever someone hits they're finisher your not thinking "Oh my god the streak might end!" your thinking "well here comes the kick out". I can understand him kickout after they hit it once but to keep kicking out after 3 times is a little much and shouldn't happen. Just have him avoid the move not no sell it completely.

·
Banned
679 Posts
We all know Mcintyre will vs taker at next year's wrestlemania anyways

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Pretty sure Cena took 2 Rock Bottoms and The People's Elbow in that match, but I still get your point OP, but the story here is Taker will do ANYTHING to win on THAT day (Wrestlemania) so any other match he has thats not on WM is different circumstances. Not saying its right I am jsut saying thats the way its written.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
He's a Zombie.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,524 Posts
Lol i just think of all the big finishers and spots Taker has kicked out of at Mania then i think back to smackdown of Vladimir Kozlov beating him clean, guess Trple H and Shawn Michaels are no Kozlov, lol.
:kobe

Kicking out of SCM into a Pedigree was pretty crazy but I guess after the 2 HBK matches and HHH last year they needed to go the extra mile to give us a "OMG IT COULD BE OVER" moment (not that I bought it for a second lol). Only situation for next year's mania I can think of that could recreate any sense of doubt would be Cena vs Taker in a submission/I Quit match. Taker will still win of course, but Cena giving up would be a big moment after like 7 years of Super Cena.

·
Premium Member
17,277 Posts
that's the point of the Undertaker. We know he will never be beat. So yeah, it should be obvious. The only thing we can hope for is a good match for him each year.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:kobe

Kicking out of SCM into a Pedigree was pretty crazy but I guess after the 2 HBK matches and HHH last year they needed to go the extra mile to give us a "OMG IT COULD BE OVER" moment (not that I bought it for a second lol). Only situation for next year's mania I can think of that could recreate any sense of doubt would be Cena vs Taker in a submission/I Quit match. Taker will still win of course, but Cena giving up would be a big moment after like 7 years of Super Cena.
That would be pretty interesting an i quit match, between the 2 guys that never quit.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
You forgot that John Cena has the STFU. The same STFU that made Shawn Michaels and Triple H tap out at Wresltemania.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Over the past 2 Manias I think Taker has kicked out of 5/6 Pedigrees and a SCM lol. Throw on 50 million chair shots, a spinebuster through the announce table, a spinebuster on the steel steps, a Tombstone and a few sledgehammer shots and yes, whoever faces Taker next is going to have to take out a gun and shoot him in order to get the win lol.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
He's the Undertaker. Therefore he's allowed to kick out of as many finishers, especially by the likes of HHH and HBK, as he likes and everyone still bums him. But if Kurt Angle kicks out of any move Jeff Hardy ever does there's a shitstorm...

·
Best there ever will be..
4,221 Posts
They've painted themselves into a corner by instead of one-upping the overall match every year, one-upping the amount of finishers to make it look like an actual possibility of him losing. We all know he's winning but they have to push the envelope more and more every mania to put that seed of doubt in your head. If Taker were in his prime he'd be kicking out of 7+ finishers per match in 5 years.

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts
He may survive chair shots, hammer shots, Pedigrees, SCMs, SCM+Pedigree combos but he wouldn't be able to kick out of the most electrifying and devastating move in all of entertainemnt, the People's Elbow

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Over the past 2 Manias I think Taker has kicked out of 5/6 Pedigrees and a SCM lol. Throw on 50 million chair shots, a spinebuster through the announce table, a spinebuster on the steel steps, a Tombstone and a few sledgehammer shots and yes, whoever faces Taker next is going to have to take out a gun and shoot him in order to get the win lol.
Lol ya thats about the only thing left thats believable to beat him.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts