Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
15,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This idea came to me after watching good promos that don't get praised when they should. Nevertheless I personally think this promo was underrated. Too bad WWE didn't allow The American Dragon to do more.

Anyways post what you thought was an underrated promo or promos.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I really loved the CM Punk promo on Chris Jericho that I have in my bio. Nobody ever quotes it or remembers it, and I am pretty surprised. It's even pretty hard to find on the internet. There is so much heart and passion and emotion in his delivery, too. Aside from the pipe bomb and boxing with God, it is my favorite promo of his. He was really fire on the stick in 2011-13.

Everyone remembers the moment of Hogan joining the NWO, but haven't actually heard his promo that he delivers immediately after. It is so scathing and his vocal cadence even changed dramatically from the Hulkamania gimmick. Fantastic in the context of him being wrestling's biggest babyface for a decade.

Tim Donst and Eddie Kingston have always been great promo guys on the indies, but I don't think they get the recognition that they deserve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKKj7hDxcRs
I absolutely LOVE this promo, yet I bet that 99% of people reading this have never heard it or heard of Josh Prohibition. I would strongly, strongly recommend it.

Reactions: Master Bate

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Bonkers Bliss
4,931 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
I'll add some more from Daniel Bryan.

I think his whole heel run from late 2011-early 2012 where he was spewing shit about being a vegan, then berating AJ Lee after WM (also the promo telling her to shut up) were all underrated as hell.

and my favorite line ever

·
Banned
581 Posts
The promo which started The Miz's resurgence:

Absolute genius on display from The Miz. Just look at how he converts a lukewarm response to AJ Styles at his entrance to loud AJ STYLES chants within a matter of minutes by his incredible mic and character work. That's what great heels can accomplish.. not only can they get themselves over.. they can massively help the babyfaces they're feuding with get over as well. This single promo reinstated the importance that proper sports entertainers command in the business and would always do. Brilliant stuff from The A lister.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I was watching a random episode of the attitude era on Raw, and Al Snow cut a really good promo towards Mick Foley telling him in the future know one will care about him and the only they will remember of Mick Foley is the fall he took in hell in a cell against Undertaker, it was such good promo I hope someone on the forums will recognized what I am talking about.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Wont list specific promos but some people who I feel are just underrated in promos:

Dawn Marie
Daffney
Eli Drake
Jinder Mahal
Marc Mero
Mojo Rawley
Owen Hart
Renee Dupri
Ryback
Sylvan
Ted Dibiase Jr.
Titus

·
Registered
260 Posts
Goldust had one promo on RAW after he kissed Ahmed Johnson. He was in his "den" and mcmahon interviewed him for me personally it may very well be the greatest promo i've ever heard. There's no where to find it online if anyone remembers. It wasn't a historically relevant promo but the verbiage the character work the backdrop everything makes it the greatest promo ever to me

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
If you cut out the incredibly cheesy background music, effects and packages while he was cutting them (which is on production not the performer), Kane delivered some masterful promos that were really well scripted during the awful vegetative state storyline.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.