Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mick Foley's Bitch
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished watching No Way Out 1998, and i must say i thought it was an outstanding PPV, and it doesn't get any mentions around here. There was a lot of drama in the matches, and the 8 man no DQ tag match was amazing, topped off with Austin giving a well deserved Stunner to Chyna at the end. And the crowd was AMAZING! But the PPV doesn't get the credit i think it deserves, and it can't be the only good PPV that doesn't get credit, so what do you think are some PPV's that are underrated?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm not sure if it's rated very highly or not by the IWC, but Survivor Series 2005 is one of my favourite SS PPVs of all time and had a great card, top to bottom.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Armageddon 1999.... Who wouldve thought a Stephanie Mcmahon heel turn would be such a big deal

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Unforgiven in 2006 was an immense PPV with John Cena/Edge for the WWE title in their TLC match, Randy Orton/Carlito in what was a great feud and match, Trish Stratus/Lita for the Womens title which was meant to be Trish Stratus' last match and Jeff Hardy/John Morrison for the Intercontinental title which was a great mid card match. There was also a Hell In A Cell match featuring D-Generation X against The McMahons and The Big Show which was watchable and a decent match between Kane and Umaga which made Umaga believable.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Vengeance 2002 is vastly underrated i reckon. This show included an awesome triple threat match for the then Undisputed WWE Title between Taker, Rock & Kurt Angle, a really fun no disqualification match between Big Show & Booker T and John Cena's first appearance on PPV in a great match against Chris Jericho.

·
Registered
390 Posts
People always talk about the 2001 Royal Rumble match, but I'm not sure the entire PPV gets the credit it deserves, just an amazing show from top to bottom.

1994 Royal Rumble is very good as a complete PPV as well.

1990 Survivor Series is the epitome of what a Survivor Series should be IMO and isn't always mentioned either.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
WCW Road Wild 1998. Most WCW shows have been forgotten and besides the Jay Leno main event and the dumb big battle royal to put Goldberg over this ppv was fun as hell as most Road Wild/Hog Wilds were with fun cruiserweight matches like Juvi vs. Chris Jericho and one of the best Disco Inferno matches ever where Disco and Alex Wright faced off against Public Enemey and Disco went through 3 tables!

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Definitely Survivor Series 1998, awesome PPV from top to bottom.
Yes a very fun show and a lot of matches on it as well. If you ever want to see a good attitude era ppv after watching a few Raw is War shows from that year this is the one to start at as it's probably the best. The best ppv I've seen where the wrestling quality wasn't good but everything else is stellar so it was a great show.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I forgot to mention two things, the first being another suggestion: Hog Wild '96. The second thing I'd like to add is that the "man's man" gimmick Stephen Regal had at Survivor Series '98, along with King's commentary concerning him, was fucking hilarious.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes a very fun show and a lot of matches on it as well. If you ever want to see a good attitude era ppv after watching a few Raw is War shows from that year this is the one to start at as it's probably the best. The best ppv I've seen where the wrestling quality wasn't good but everything else is stellar so it was a great show.
I completely agree with what you said about the PPV being great despite the actual wrestling being that good.

Though I think SummerSlam 98 was a little better overall than Survivor Series that year.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts