Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a gay wrestling fan I am finding the more I post the more I come across homophobic users attacking me because of my sexuality.

it is difficult enough being a gay man and even more so being a gay wrestling fan in the macho heterosexual world which is WWE.

as soon as I suggest anything remotely LGBTQ+ I get shot down.

Are there any other gay users here? How do you cope? As a gay man I am naturally quite sensitive to this

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,920 Posts
As a senior heterosexual balding male, I find this thread absurd and borderline hateful. It has nothing to do with your sexuality, but rather your insistence on making it the overshadowing topic of every post you make. Nobody fucking cares that you’re gay any more than they care that I’m senior, heterosexual or balding. Shut the fuck up moron.

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
As a senior heterosexual balding male, I find this thread absurd and borderline hateful. It has nothing to do with your sexuality, but rather your insistence on making it the overshadowing topic of every post you make. Nobody fucking cares that you’re gay any more than they care that I’m senior, heterosexual or balding. Shut the fuck up moron.
You free tonight pal?

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
1,751 Posts
I think need to just heed the advice ur given and not say your being attacked as your not , this is what you wanted attention so u got some your doing no favours to yourself

Hope u find what ur looking for

Peace.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Ahh yes the classic I'm gay I'm different, I'm proud, I'm a rebel nonsense.

Ok you have sex with other men, I mean where do you want to go with this? No one is "discriminating" against you.

You know what is discriminated against? the truth, here's one having HHH go over Booker at Mania in 2003 was the right move and it really soldfied HHH as a top tier legendary heel, here's another R Truth whole gimmick and shtick is well past it's expiration date and it needed to end years ago, and Kofi only won the WWE title because he's black let's face it hes a classic midcarder, great in ring worker although his speaking mics and charachter work is very run of the mill borderline below average.

That's all racist right? It's my opinion and guess what I'm sure most WWE fans will agree with this although will not pretend not to because muh "racism".
Well first off, I think you're an angry rejoiner because you joined less than a day ago and have almost 35 posts, already arguing racism in the Anything thread - likely an unfinished topic you got banned for.

Second, actually nothing. You're definitely a rejoiner who got banned for a racist.

·
Hardcore Casual
665 Posts
Honestly what have I said that isn't true? I'd be willing to bet the majority of WWE fans agree with my assessments although will never say anything because they are afraid of being called "racist".
I'll bite. I agree with the last 2 assessments, and partially with your first. I'm not sure I think Booker T was in a position (as in properly and believably pushed) to be a legitimate champion, so at best, he would have been a transitional one. However, I disagree that Triple H was doing himself any favours in the middle of his "Reign of Terror" (he was catching go-away heat, not legitimate heel heat). I also think the build-up & payoff didn't make sense because if you're going to make Triple H out to be racist heel, there should be some sort of poetic justice. But again, that was the beginning of WWE's poisonous, "don't give them what they want"-style booking that has bred resentment and brought us to the broken booker-fan dynamic we now have.

I also usually find those protesting the most that their dislike of a certain group of people is just happenstance or based on merit and not prejudice are usually the ones who are the most racist. All of my favourite wrestlers are white, but that's mainly because that's everybody who's been pushed and, frankly, I haven't thought about their race until now. That said, I really like Booker T though and two of my favourites on the roster right now are Bianca Belair and Velveteen Dream.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Honestly what have I said that isn't true? I'd be willing to bet the majority of WWE fans agree with my assessments although will never say anything because they are afraid of being called "racist".
I didn't read your thoughts here. I looked at your other posts and saw you made a beeline for the Anything thread to argue racist things aren't racist. And, you came into rants to further defend yourself without being provoked.

That's the sign of a bitter rejoiner.

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
I'm not homophobic, have nothing against a gay man 'lyin-under' my bed! Bazing!

·
Registered
229 Posts
4842242594o08339
As a gay wrestling fan I am finding the more I post the more I come across homophobic users attacking me because of my sexuality.

it is difficult enough being a gay man and even more so being a gay wrestling fan in the macho heterosexual world which is WWE.

as soon as I suggest anything remotely LGBTQ+ I get shot down.

Are there any other gay users here? How do you cope? As a gay man I am naturally quite sensitive to this
Who gives a shit what others think about it? But wrestling isn't sex, so I dont know why you need storylines where people pretend to be gay. Cute sweaty guys isnt enough???

We all know you're full of shit tho. Nobody would choose "The Undertaker's Fake Pubes" as their screen name otherwise

·
Registered
446 Posts
this guy is just making it more and more obvious hes a troll now. doesn’t even wanna hide it. and is thinking if he doesn’t leave a single reply hes getting us.

·
Registered
897 Posts
As a bisexual male I don't understand why it even needs to come into the conversation in almost any thread on the site (unless its specifically LGBT related). I don't get the desire to make it a thing. I am missing something maybe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.