Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What wrestlers do you guys think had more to give for the WWF, either from their point of view or the company's perspective of not using them well enough?

One that sticks in my mind is D'Lo Brown. I think he was good on the mic, had real technical ability (espcially off the top rope) and also had the charisma which was the focus during the Attitude Era.

Obviously the Droz accident may have played a part in that, but I feel that he was more deserving of Heat shows at that point anyway. I would've like to have seen him team up with the Rock like in the Nation of Domination to be honest, as they would of been one hell of a tag team (Not as funny as Rock and Sock mind).

As a random question, why was it he had missing teeth and a lisp during 97/98? It seemed to go when I started watching in 99.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Jake Roberts: One of the greatest minds, I've ever seen in pro wrestling. How he doesn't have a major job in a major wrestling promotion is a tradegy. Awesome promo cutter as well. What could he have been if he'd of controlled his demons

Scott Hall, oozed natrual charisma, again his personal demons got the better of him, noticing a theme here. Heck, he was even the focus of one of those E:60 segments.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Roddy Piper, Mr Perfect, Rick Rude, Jake Roberts, British Bulldog, Owen Hart, Ted Dibiase, Ricky Steamboat, Harley Race, Jerry Lawler, William Regal, Fit Finlay, Kane.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never was a William Regal fan, didn't like his character and image whatsoever. Probably because of his posh English accent which being English is annoying as hell!

Was it his wrestling ability you believe he was destined to achieve more with?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Regal, Hall and Roberts all should have achieved a lot more than they did.

Love Regal. Great in ring style and awesome on the mic, should have been world champion at least once

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Regal goes without saying--awesome in the ring, criminally underrated on the mic as well: good at being serious and was quite funny in his own dry way. Although, at some points personal problems took him down a little.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,097 Posts
The guys I think the WWF dropped the ball on is a list a mile long but the notables to me are:

Mr Kennedy
Matt Morgan
Paul Burchill
Steve Regal
Steve Keirn
D Lo Brown
Butch Reed

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Arn Anderson,Scott Hall,Mr.Perfect and Chris Jericho could have achieved more
Chris Jericho? A former WCW Champion, first ever Undisputed WWF Champion, with further WHC reigns later on in his career, he holds the record for most intercontinental reigns, he's a grand slam champion...

What else do you want the guy to do with his career?

·
Premium Member
14,965 Posts
Bam Bam Bigelow. Made no sense that he was never a main event heel.

Hell, he would have been perfect to feud with Hogan in the 80s, just never appealed to me as a babyface. Should of had an angle where he turned on Hogan.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Doug Basham Christian York and Chris Cage?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
What wrestlers do you guys think had more to give for the WWF, either from their point of view or the company's perspective of not using them well enough?

One that sticks in my mind is D'Lo Brown. I think he was good on the mic, had real technical ability (espcially off the top rope) and also had the charisma which was the focus during the Attitude Era.

Obviously the Droz accident may have played a part in that, but I feel that he was more deserving of Heat shows at that point anyway. I would've like to have seen him team up with the Rock like in the Nation of Domination to be honest, as they would of been one hell of a tag team (Not as funny as Rock and Sock mind).

As a random question, why was it he had missing teeth and a lisp during 97/98? It seemed to go when I started watching in 99.
I absolutely agree about D'Lo. He had charisma, a fair amount of mic skills, and a versatile moveset. What he did with the Euro Title and the chest protector were phenomenal. I used to mark out at the head wiggle, especially when he do it before the leg drop.

The Droz incident had an effect on him and probably the way he was viewed by management. It's a shame for both men.

As far as other guys who the ball was dropped on that I haven't seen here:

- Sean O'Haire: great look and great build on the Devil's Advocate character, no idea why they entered him into a program with Piper when he could have done well on his own

- Val Venis: saddled with a bad gimmick but the guy was undoubtedly over and could go in the ring

- Shane Douglas: we all know why he didn't make it big in the WWF but giving him the Dean Douglas gimmick was idiotic, I think he could have been the Game before Triple H became the Game, there were obvious similarities

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
hmm biggest underachievers ever huh?

ones that come to mind atm

Rakishi-could have been WWF Champion
Perry Saturn
Dean Malenko
D'Lo Brown
Sean Waltmen/1-2-3 Kid/X-Pac
Razor Ramon-could been WWF Champ
Mabel/Viscera
Kurrgan
Ahmed Johnson

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
hmm biggest underachievers ever huh?

ones that come to mind atm

Rakishi-could have been WWF Champion
Perry Saturn
Dean Malenko
D'Lo Brown
Sean Waltmen/1-2-3 Kid/X-Pac
Razor Ramon-could been WWF Champ
Mabel/Viscera
Kurrgan
Ahmed Johnson
Two guys I also agree with. Both were pushed to the moon during the WWF's down time. I actually didn't hate the King Mabel character. Having to work with guys like Kevin Nash didn't do him any favors but between his weight and rumored drug issues, I could see why he was de-pushed.

Ahmed couldn't stay healthy and also had rumors of drug issues. When he first came on the scene and slammed Yokozuna then won the IC Title off of Goldust, it seemed like he was going to be a star. His mic skills are legendarily bad but they could have paired him with a manager at that time and built him up as a contender.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts