Wrestling Forum banner

Under-rated gimmicks/workers

2K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  MrBelfield 
#1 ·
I've recently dug out a bunch of my old WWF videos from late 90's/early 00's, and it made me realise there were some sweet gimmicks that I completely forgot about. I forgot all about the APA, and I love the way the Holly Cousins would suddenly start kicking the crap out of each other in the middle of a tag match. Does anyone else remember any cool gimmicks or anything that has been forgotton by the masses?

#8 ·
And sadly that was his biggest push within WWE and nailed it perfectly. Stevie Richards and RTC was getting nuclear heat from the audience, they wanted him and his faction to die a fast death. Richards was very great on the microphone as well and I too use to get so fed up with them interfering in the bra and panties (when I gave a damn about the divas division) and try to cover the women up. Looking back at it now, they were definitely awesome Heels and Richards was a damn genius and a STAR in that gimmick.

#4 ·
At the time I HATED Right to Censor, purely because I was a horny 13 year old and was legitimately furious when they stopped Terri (I think it was anyway) from getting naked. Looking back, they were really good.

#11 ·
That was a nice little gimmick. It probably didn't work because it was too subtle (and that Kevin Nash injured Mercy's back with the Jacknife Powerbomb, permanently retiring him). The mood-swing from face to heel was a pretty interesting concept. I have just read that the gimmick was roughly based on a character from the 1991 film 'Cape Fear'.

Waylon Mercy was Dan Spivey. I remember he was involved in the WWF/NFL Battle Royal at Wrestlemania 2 as 'The Golden Boy' Dan Spivey. I believe he went to WCW later on and was called 'Dangerous' Dan Spivey.

I liked Kevin Nash's wizard gimmick from WCW. He was called 'Oz'. If WCW played it right, they could have used this in the same way the WWF used the Undertaker.

#10 ·
Adam Bomb.

I though Bryan Clarke was a decent enough big man but the gimmick and appearance was cool.

Doink
A clown gimmick should be dumb, yet Matt Bourne pulled it off really well. A feud with Crush and a rushed babyface turn didn't help, then Matt got fired.

#12 ·
Top guy I felt was a great performer that never truly had the plaudits: Essa Rios.
Same with RTC, back then the finer details were missed but Richards and co played it to perfection

#14 ·
RTC is the obvious choice, Stevie and Victoria but that's an itch, Godfather...and I don't even get how it worked so well, goldust, and raven.

#16 ·
When I first started watching WWE Goldust was my favourite wrestler! I was young, and I think I was over-awed by his entrance.

#21 ·
Bubba Ray putting women through tables was cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.