Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to be a Ryback thread because if you have been paying some attention there are several stars in the WWE who still stand undefeated. Ryback, Brodus Clay, Lord Tensai, and Antonio Cesaro who hasn't had as many matches as the others, but nonetheless is still undefeated since debuting. We can also throw in Damien Sandows name in there as well. What's interesting is that if the WWE can bring this to light then it creates a bit of a buzz, and at least some anticipation to expecting these men to lose to someone, or even have between each other over the course of time. Either way you have all the necessary tools for a solid build, and hype for a match.

With five stars who are obviously undefeated, and two of them are easily "face" stars, and the other three being "heels". This also gives a strong reason to have solid feuds with four out of the five men involved. Perhaps Cesaro starts a feud with Ryback telling him he knows he can beat him, and thus eventually losing to Ryback, and Ryback ending Cesaro's streak. Sandow would out smart Brodus Clay teasing him saying that his brain is small like a prehistoric animal. Thus, end up being the man who is the first to defeat the big man. I could just hear the promos now that Sandow would cut on Brodus Clay entourage including the women.

This leaves Lord Tensai out as the fifth man, and brings him back to the spotlight. After being the last undefeated man on Raw he says that there is still no man on this show who can defeat him on Raw. Out comes Toshi Tatsu who breaks kayfabe, and begins to speak English, and calls Lord Tensai a fake along with being a disgrace to all of Japan. Tatsu ends up just being more feed for him, but also ends up being messenger. After two weeks of losing to Tensai, Tatsu tells Tensai that a "Hero" from far away is coming to destroy the evil Tensai. Tensai laughs it off, and continues on with his undefeated ways. I would keep him undefeated up until they debut Kassius Ohno who would eventually knock out Tensai, and cement himself as a real deal "face" who is here to knock people out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Miz is on an undefeated 3-0 streak at Wrestlemania - Next Undertaker! Haters gonna hate!

All kidding aside, Ryback and Brodus are the only ones on seriously extended undefeated streaks so far. Sandow-Brodus and Sandow-Ryback could both possibly work as there's ample material to make fun of for such a high class intellectual. Cesaro probably works better with Ryback if you were going for that angle, at least in my opinion, as Brodus has already been "beaten" just not in a proper match by another big man.

I've been wanting a Yoshi Tatsu - Tensai feud just like you've described since his promos started debuting, to be honest. His badly accented Japanese and blatant Albertism has driven me crazy.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miz is on an undefeated 3-0 streak at Wrestlemania - Next Undertaker! Haters gonna hate!

All kidding aside, Ryback and Brodus are the only ones on seriously extended undefeated streaks so far. Sandow-Brodus and Sandow-Ryback could both possibly work as there's ample material to make fun of for such a high class intellectual. Cesaro probably works better with Ryback if you were going for that angle, at least in my opinion, as Brodus has already been "beaten" just not in a proper match by another big man.

I've been wanting a Yoshi Tatsu - Tensai feud just like you've described since his promos started debuting, to be honest. His badly accented Japanese and blatant Albertism has driven me crazy.
I just think that having multiple stars with undefeated streaks is creatively a solid idea, especially when you mention that they are still undefeated. It's really one of the key things for a superstar who just debuted. Not to say that every superstar who debuts should win every debut match, but if that individual happens to pick up a solid winning streak it should mentioned. The fact that there are multiple stars right now with such credit to their names is a good direction. Eventually they will lose, and we will see who the fans get behind the most as to to see who gets the longer streak.

You can build off of that idea alone in regards to a feud. This isn't including title feuds either. There is also the possibility of having them square off versus one another. I personally would love to see Ryback go on a solid streak only to have it ended by new comer Damien Sandow who points out that Ryback hasn't faced talent such as himself, Damien Sandow. Sandow could benefit from a "rub" like this from Ryback. It would own to see Brodus Clay remain undefeated(match with Big Show wasn't official), and feud with Mark Henry who puts him over. I would love to see Kassius Ohno debut, and knock out Lord Tensai. It would be awesome to see Cesaro extend his streak all the way to Christian, and take the Intercontinental title from him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts