Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uncharted 3 has been leaked by an early preview in Entertainment Weekly and is due for release in 'late 2011'

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6285063.html

The potential story sounds very interesting and I hope Naughty Dog go for a darker tone this time around as it always irked me Drake could be this happy-go-lucky character whilst killing several people over a course of a game.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Sounds great. I still need to finish the second one lol.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Call me excited. Uncharted 2 is one of the few PS3 games I've actually completed lol. It might of been the first after Heavy Rain which HAS to be finished.

If you played the 2nd first, the first seems really unplayable. Download the demo if you wanna try it lol

·
Asuka
96,354 Posts
I'm excited, but for some reason, this series just doesn't hit me like it does everybody else in the gaming world. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's really, really, REALLY good, but I can't obsess over it the way I do other games.

Still, I think it's gonna be a very good spectacle and I look forward to more information. The thing that intrigues me the most about this game is the setting, I think I'll be a big fan of the game taking place there.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm excited, but for some reason, this series just doesn't hit me like it does everybody else in the gaming world. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's really, really, REALLY good, but I can't obsess over it the way I do other games.
Same. I'm playing Uncharted 1 right now for the first time, and while it is pretty good, it's not really the must-play franchise I was thinking it would be.

Still probably pick up Uncharted 3 though.

·
Rated PG
3,485 Posts
Same. I'm playing Uncharted 1 right now for the first time, and while it is pretty good, it's not really the must-play franchise I was thinking it would be.

Still probably pick up Uncharted 3 though.
Uncharted 1 while good, wasn't great.
As for its sequel, masterpiece!

Hence why I have high hopes for Drake's Deception. :)

·
Asuka
96,354 Posts
Yeah, 1 isn't the best. 2 is FAR superior. For one thing, it gives you a varied setting, whereas 1 takes place in the same location the entire game. If you play that game, the colour green will be burned into your retna. It's still a good game, but it gets bland. 2 has a more solid storyline as well, despite the fact that there's nowhere near enough Sully. He's there, just.....not enough. Plenty of him in the first game, just the way it should be. That's the only major advantage it has.

I don't know why I go less crazy for it than most people. I do really like it but I wouldn't give Uncharted 2 a perfect score like most people would, I wouldn't even give it GOTY 2009. I thought AC II was a far better game. Still, 3 will be the best. Thankfully, you can almost count on a gaming sequel being superior to its predecessor. It's like the movies in reverse.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah, 1 isn't the best. 2 is FAR superior. For one thing, it gives you a varied setting, whereas 1 takes place in the same location the entire game. If you play that game, the colour green will be burned into your retna. It's still a good game, but it gets bland. 2 has a more solid storyline as well, despite the fact that there's nowhere near enough Sully. He's there, just.....not enough. Plenty of him in the first game, just the way it should be. That's the only major advantage it has.

I don't know why I go less crazy for it than most people. I do really like it but I wouldn't give Uncharted 2 a perfect score like most people would, I wouldn't even give it GOTY 2009. I thought AC II was a far better game. Still, 3 will be the best. Thankfully, you can almost count on a gaming sequel being superior to its predecessor. It's like the movies in reverse.
All the new info for Drake's Deception is definitely hinting at a Sully-centric game, which is pretty awesome.

·
Premium Member
10,891 Posts
I got about a year out of Uncharted 2. I've played the story atleast 3 or 4 times now, and I played multiplayer a lot. Definitely looking forward to the third, and hearing that they are focusing more on multiplayer makes me even more excited.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts