Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
We've got very talented guys like Haskins, Pac, Zack Sabre Jr., Lionheart, Marty Scurll, Styxx, Johnny Moss, Dean Allmark, Lion Kidd, Zak Zodiac, Alex Shane, Johnny Storm, Martin Stone & Rockstar Spud (He has massive potential and a great gimmick but struggles with injuries).

The FWA is trying hard to get us back on tv and they present a weekly show on youtube which is worth checking out.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
It's shit atm. 1PW just went under or are going under and the only other noteable promotion is IPW:UK but there DVD service is so shitty. I paid for a DVD 6 months ago and still haven't received it. I've asked for a refund but they keep fobbing me off with bullshit or just not responding to me. All the best UK talent go abroad now anyway, PAC, Haskins, Sabre, etc. Scurll has promise if he can get a breakthrough anywhere outside of wXw.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Our circuit is shite. We've only got FWA now and that can't be lasting too long. They get about 50 odd people at their shows and on a good day. Looks like wrestling is near enough dead here.

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
There's a cool little promotion called LDN. They have a youtube show and I went to one of their events. I must say for £10 it was a really great show.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm a promoter in the UK and a wrestler. It's hard in this economy to run shows with the quality they used to be at.

I use mainly local talent but use guys which were well known in 1PW as well. One of my friends Nathan Cruz has a try out with TNA in January so the talent is there, but it's just finding it, we do have a good circuit though. One of the best promotions is New Generation Wrestling - www.hullwrestling.com

If you have a local indy promotion, support it! It is the only way to make British Wrestling what it was back in the day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
One major problem is theres too many shitty promotions and not enough quality. The only British promoter i trust to deliver on his shows anymore is Mark Sloan. Whenever he puts a show on with Dragon Gate or NOAH, Its always awesome. He also highlights alot of the great British talent aswel. Shame that IPW:UKs DVD service is shit as thats a promotion i could get behind with all the great talent they have there

·
Registered
534 Posts
One major problem is theres too many shitty promotions and not enough quality. The only British promoter i trust to deliver on his shows anymore is Mark Sloan. Whenever he puts a show on with Dragon Gate or NOAH, Its always awesome. He also highlights alot of the great British talent aswel. Shame that IPW:UKs DVD service is shit as thats a promotion i could get behind with all the great talent they have there
This.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts