Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolute bag of poo.

Not only is the picture quality woeful, but for some unexplained reason my recording of turning point ended at the start of the main event.

Sort it out people, get your channel integrated with the Sky+ planner for series links and overruns and please supply us with some decent image quality.

TNA please please please do not move to EX when Bravo folds.:cussin:

I shall now climb down from my soapbox.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
The whole Extreme situation is really disappointing. Why would TNA not renew Bravo 2's PPV contract, which gave them the PPVs on a Wednesday and with good picture quality, and put it on Extreme which would show their stuff on a Friday, with poor picture quality and tends to fuck up most of the time.

·
Administrator
33,725 Posts
TNA don't give a shit about UK fans except when they're getting money from them for live shows. If they cared they wouldn't keep having Impact overrun into Reaction.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
TNA don't give a shit about UK fans except when they're getting money from them for live shows. If they cared they wouldn't keep having Impact overrun into Reaction.
Or would at least edit the main event into the show. The benefits of not going live.

Let's be honest here, the UK coverage is woeful and just seems to be getting progressively worse. There's not much more you can say about it really, even the picture quality seems to be decreasing.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
They edit the main event into the end of the show now.

Just get Reaction and please find a different channel that's not Extreme Sports. Like I said, I like the channel..just don't want TNA there.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Hence why I download Impact these days. If they're going to treat us like shit I'll do the same to them.

·
Libertine
1,071 Posts
Like Loopee said, they've fixed that now. That only happened for a few weeks.

But yeah, Extreme Sports is a horrible channel. If iMPACT moves there then I'll just download it online.

·
Premium Member
13,823 Posts
It probably will move to extreme. After that happens, TNA will only be tits and ass here, and TNA might as well forget about coming here next year.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The whole Extreme situation is really disappointing. Why would TNA not renew Bravo 2's PPV contract, which gave them the PPVs on a Wednesday and with good picture quality, and put it on Extreme which would show their stuff on a Friday, with poor picture quality and tends to fuck up most of the time.

I reckon they knew Bravo was getting canned. Doing a bit of digging, I think on digital spy the WWE exclusivity contract only refers to Sky Sports & Sky One so it's not impossible for TNA to crop up on Sky Atlantic or maybe one of the Living Channels.

I'm still convinced that they need to moved to a Freeview channel to properly compete for a decent UK viewership.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
What pissed me is that when i check on my virgin media catch up on ES chhn bkuz wen i missed TNA ppv i want to be able catch up, but there don't show on there i wish ppv was on bravo then i think there wud have been catch up on there.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
Since when did TNA give a shit about any fans?

·
Registered
784 Posts
If Impact ends up on Extreme, it'll definitely be a big disappointment.

I mean, serously...I'd rather it ended up on CBBC or the Home Cooking Channel than that.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Maybe channel 4 will get it, they used to show wrestling and the miz was on day break the other day so the main stream channels are jumping back on the pro wrestling bandwagon!
before turnin point started they made an apology for bad sound but i didnt get that.... just didnt get to se the main event!

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Maybe channel 4 will get it, they used to show wrestling and the miz was on day break the other day so the main stream channels are jumping back on the pro wrestling bandwagon!
before turnin point started they made an apology for bad sound but i didnt get that.... just didnt get to se the main event!
I wouldn't say that's being on any kind of pro wrestling bandwagon, it's more in like with the WWE's policy of actually promoting the company. I just don't see wrestling ending up back on a terrestrial channel at its current level of popularity, I can't see any channel taking that kind of chance. Even if Channel 4 did get it, I wouldn't hold much hope in seeing Impact before 2am. There certainly wouldn't be a 9pm Saturday night showing.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Channel 4? No thanks. Can't you remember when they had WWE PPV's? They censored stuff in the early hours of the morning and had breaks during the PPV's. God knows what the censoring would be like if they had it on at 9pm or something like that.

I'd rather Extreme Sports than them. Neither of them would be my preferred option but there just aren't many options for TNA.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I reckon they knew Bravo was getting canned. Doing a bit of digging, I think on digital spy the WWE exclusivity contract only refers to Sky Sports & Sky One so it's not impossible for TNA to crop up on Sky Atlantic or maybe one of the Living Channels.

I'm still convinced that they need to moved to a Freeview channel to properly compete for a decent UK viewership.
Living's a channel aimed at women lol. It'd be the equivalent of America's Next Top Model being shown on Bravo. I have no idea with Atlantic is though

I'm actually hoping for Five USA though. Doubt it, but here's hoping.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Living's a channel aimed at women lol. It'd be the equivalent of America's Next Top Model being shown on Bravo. I have no idea with Atlantic is though

I'm actually hoping for Five USA though. Doubt it, but here's hoping.

True but Bravo being too close to Living was Sky's reason for binning it.

Five USA would be good but a channel with an HD option would be even better.
Sky Atlantic would appear to be perfect if it has to stay on satelite.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I still dunno why Sky Atlantic is lol and I still don't get the reasoning for binning Bravo and keeping Living off the assumption of they're too close together. One's a channel aimed at women (which probably gets alot more viewers which I'm assuming is the reason) and one's pretty much a man's channel

1 - 20 of 22 Posts