Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been mentioned before but do you think a UK PPV would work? I was reading on the HIAC thread and someone referred to it and Battleground as filler PPV's which is exactly what they have been (Battleground anyway). If there was a UK PPV even if the card was not the strongest the crowd would be really hyped for it and they could make a weekend of it like Wrestlemania weekend so fans who don't get tickets could all be involved fans from all over the UK would probably travel for it. There are a couple of negatives such as it would not be ideal for the people in the States to watch in live because of the time difference.

This is not me wishing for a PPV in the UK but I think it would be such a massive event if they did do it.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I would definitely travel to it, was talking to my mate that loves wrestling the other day about when he went to Insurrextion in 2002 and he said it was one of the best live events he's ever been to, including football, gigs etc. So yeah I would love to see them put on a show in the UK, I think this time of the year, in between Summerslam and Survivor Series is perfect for it as well really.

·
Premium Member
2,835 Posts
I dont even live in England, but if they did a mania at Wembley stadium, it would be the best mania crowd ever.

It would just have to start at like..2 or 3 here in the states.

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts
I reckon it relates to the fact that WWE don't think that fans in the US would view a PPV on a Sunday afternoon.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'd love UK PPV's come back. Summerslam 1992 was a huge success and when WWE has televised events in the UK the crowds are always rabid.
The old Rebellion and Insurexxion PPV's were good too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts