Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last Monday I went to see Raw live in Long Island and unless you were Randy Orton or John Cena, that crowd was dead (I could see them enhancing the crowd a bit for TV). The Manchester Crowd is on fire! They seem to be enjoying and appreciating every match, even the divas match got a nice little pop! So by comparison, are Americans indifferent to the actual wrestling now?

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
I've always liked the British crowd.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
We also seemed to be more vocal tonight in the Raw discussion thread. Although that probably has something to do with people who were at the show watching to see if they can catch a sight of themselves on TV :p
I saw my hand waving, does that count ?

They were awesome! Is it me or did Satino get the loudest cheers of the night?
nope he was crazy over

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
if Raw only showed up in our country a couple times a year, we'd have an active crowd too.

its all about saturation. plus, from what i understand they're more "smarkish" than your average US city, so they get more vocal. its the same whenever we have a show in Chicago or NY or Philly.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Crespo nailed it. Having the WWE come to the UK is a big deal for them since it doesn't happen that often so naturally they're going to be more amped for it.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
if Raw only showed up in our country a couple times a year, we'd have an active crowd too.

its all about saturation. plus, from what i understand they're more "smarkish" than your average US city, so they get more vocal. its the same whenever we have a show in Chicago or NY or Philly.
also the average age of the crowd was probally about 20, not a whole lot of Kids, also highlight of my night was seeing two little kids holing their Cena Sucks sign.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I'm not going to start a PG war or whatever but if you look at the crowds in the US I think WWE live has now become more of a family oriented event. I've got no problem with the kids but it's a shame there's not any full adult crowds anymore, back in the day you'd have mid carders like Rikishi literally get the same level of pop that Cena or Orton get today. But yeah as stated we rarely get live tapings anymore or atleast much less than we used to do here in the UK.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Well they only come here twice a year so most of us are like OMG OMG OMG

Sooo yeah. That may be why
While that's generally true it doesn't always apply. London and Manchester is always a good crowd but they had Raw from Sheffield last year and that was an awful crowd; not as bad as the worst US cities perhaps but definitely bad by UK standards.

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
While that's generally true it doesn't always apply. London and Manchester is always a good crowd but they had Raw from Sheffield last year and that was an awful crowd; not as bad as the worst US cities perhaps but definitely bad by UK standards.
^^This.

Some crowds just suck plain and simple.

People say New York is a hot crowd but that's normally when they are at Madison Square Garden (No televised shows there in '10 :( and 13 months til the next one in '11). You go out to long island(Nassau Coliseum) or the Meadowlands and the crowd is absolute shit in comparison. Same thing applies to some of the United Kingdom cities. Manchester is obviously a hot crowd though.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,154 Posts
Yep, I've always noticed that about the MSG/Meadowlands/Long Island difference. MSG is always a fantastic crowd while Meadowlands and Long Island tend to be rather poor.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
I've always loved England's crowds. Italy's crowds are great too. That's why I always love it when WWE has European tours, they really show how spoiled we Americans are.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts