1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
JANUARY 5TH
4,693 Posts
2017 (already) has been one of the best boxing years in the last 20 years. Best fighting the best.

Something that UFC has always boast about. But look how roles reversed. Trying to make money fights that ignores legit rankings, ducking legit challengers etc.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
11,100 Posts
I think it's cute that this study was done post Ronda, Conor, Brock from 2013 to 2016. This study literally was during a lull in UFC.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Boxing is def bigger this year with stars like Conor and Ronda missing and you got gigantic fights left like Canelo vs triple g which might do 2 milion buys. I'm certain it'l break 1 milion. Then you have Mcgregor vs Mayweather which also is a boxing fight.

Reactions: Stormbringer

·
Registered
13,589 Posts
I think it's cute that this study was done post Ronda, Conor, Brock from 2013 to 2016. This study literally was during a lull in UFC.
Boxing is clearly hotter in 2017 than ufc and it looks to stay that way for the foreseeable future. Rousey and brock aren't fighting again and brock was a stopgap at best to stop the bleeding. Conor has long transcended ufc so they need him far more than he needs them.

And boxing was in a lull at the same time.

Both sports thrive on popular fighters.
Every sport does just like pro wrestling. NBA is thriving now because it has two megastars whereas the NFL numbers are down given the controversy surrounding its biggest star. Neither the mlb or nhl have a standout star though the cubs winning did create huge buzz but its the stars not the teams themselves that longterm create interest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts