Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/UFC_Fighter_Roy_Nelson_Interested_in_Joining_WWE.html

As noted last week, a current UFC fighter's representatives recently sent feelers to WWE about joining the company.

That fighter is former International Fight League Heavyweight Champion and winner of "The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights" Roy Nelson.

Nelson, despite being with UFC, has reportedly signed a deal with Roy Nelson Jr.'s Squared Circle Promotions. Squared Circle claims now that they have exclusive rights to Nelson's fights so his status with UFC is in limbo.

Nelson, 34 years old, has never done pro wrestling and has a physique more like a Husky Harris than a John Cena. Nelson recently posted Tweets talking about WWE's Royal Rumble and The Undertaker

No word yet if WWE is talking with Nelson or what their reaction to the feelers were.
Anyone think he would be good in WWE, would come in already over. For his size he is a pretty decent athlete

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah...no thanks. There are plenty of younger and more talented guys on the rooster already, this guy is not needed.

Also, I'm pretty sure this has been posted already.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...no thanks. There are plenty of younger and more talented guys on the rooster already, this guy is not needed.

Has it my bad I didn't see it be posted it.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
If it is nelson I can't understand the move on his part, not sure what kind of character he'd have either.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts

I think the one that was posted prior to this one was the initial rumour that a ufc fighter wanted to join wwe, this is a report of talks between the 2 parties tbf

·
Registered
12,869 Posts

No fucking way :lmao

Stay away from us, Roy. For the love of god.

Oh, is "Roy Nelson" Matt Hardy's new ring name?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Tag Team Partner for Husky Harris.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He could be the new Big Dick Johnson. Coming out in a thong and all oiled up.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Oh god damn it.

I thought you posted a picture of a cleverly done photoshop. Then I googled the guy. Keep this slob far away.
Slob? Lol you do not have a clue what you're talking about.

Roy Nelson is actually a seriously talented fighter. Former IFL HW champion, won the Ultimate Fighter and the only fighter to take Junior Dos Santos to a decision in the UFC. While Santos has stopped Werdum (only guy to officially defeat Fedor), Cro Cop, Yvel, Struve and Gonzaga.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
out of all the ufc fighters we can get, we get this piece of trash, omg, i didn't even know there were fatties fighting in the ufc.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Slob? Lol you do not have a clue what you're talking about.

Roy Nelson is actually a seriously talented fighter. Former IFL HW champion, won the Ultimate Fighter and the only fighter to take Junior Dos Santos to a decision in the UFC. While Santos has stopped Werdum (only guy to officially defeat Fedor), Cro Cop, Yvel, Struve and Gonzaga.
Well good for him. Being a talented fighter won't help in the WWE nowadays you've got to be an entertainer as well and the only thing entertaining about him is how overweight he is.

He looks like Husky Harris after gorging out on Supersize McDonalds for 2 months.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Roy Nelson v Sheamus
Nelson v Punk
Nelson v Bryan
Would all be pretty legit feuds. Dude could be a star in WWE but it would def be a stupid career choice. It's like from making box office hits to making a straight to DVD movie

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Random info just posted

More On UFC Fighter Roy Nelson Wanting To Work For WWE
By Michael Bluth
Nov 18, 2010 - 11:02:36 AM

As reported earlier, UFC heavyweight fighter Roy Nelson is interested in working for World Wrestling Entertainment. There's some interesting backstory to the situation.

Nelson has been fighting for UFC in his last few fights, but there's a legal mess that's preventing him from fighting anywhere now. Either before or during the time that he was signed with UFC, Nelson signed a contract with former boxer Roy Jones' fight promotion, Square Ring, Inc. (not "Squared Circle Promotions").

Square Ring, Inc. has sued Roy Nelson and Zuffa LLC (UFC's parent company), claiming they have exclusive rights over Nelson's MMA career. Because UFC's contracts typically include a clause that would indemnify Zuffa from any lawsuits arising from a fighter breaching contracts with other companies (such as Square Ring), all the legal heat is now coming down on Nelson. The legal bills are piling up, Nelson can't fight for UFC, Square Ring isn't booking any big MMA shows and "Big Country" needs a big payday.

UFC President Dana White spoke at last week's UFC 122 post-fight press conference and shed some light on the situation:

“These guys go out and sign with these rinky-dink little promotion companies and sign these bad contracts, and let’s just say Roy Nelson is involved in a bad contract right now that he had before. There’s a couple of different organizations out there that do it."

"There’s organizations that are locking these guys up to the old-school boxing
contracts. The contracts that King and those guys were doing back in the 60s, 70s and 80s where they have options on top of their options – so your contract never ends with these guys."

"These are the kinds of contracts that some of these guys are signing in these other organizations out there that some of these MMA websites go, ‘Oh, stick up for these guys, they’re the small guys.’ The small guys are the guys that are really f--- the fighters.”

Nelson's management team thinks working with WWE could be the solution and has reached out to the company about working together. No word yet if WWE is interested in working with Nelson.

Nelson is a 34-year-old brawler known for his unorthodox body type - sporting a big gut and tipping the scales at around 265 pounds. Prior to this legal mess, Nelson had been a rumored opponent for former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts