Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://bit.ly/IVdbHL

This idea seemed very weird to me, but it also seemed like something that could work. Any thoughts?

*Sorry, link for article was blocked (it's from Bleacher). Now it shall work.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
It worked for Lesnar. It could work for others.

·
Banned
833 Posts
It worked and for Ken Shamrock. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Article doesn't work. I assume it is about WWE wanting to get UFC guys as wrestlers or something?

If that is true, it shows how little faith Vince has in the roster. This guy has a fetish for massive guys.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I don't think the ufc guys have what it takes to be a real entertainer.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
Some of those UFC guys can cut pretty entertaining promos.
Even though the in ring action is real I can't help but feel they spice up the "feuds"
I'd be for it someone like Diaz springs to mind.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
NO. Learn a lesson from Shamrock and Dan Severn. MMA guys have never been huge successes in pro wrestling. Lesnar did wrestling before MMA so he doesn't count.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
NO. Learn a lesson from Shamrock and Dan Severn. MMA guys have never been huge successes in pro wrestling. Lesnar did wrestling before MMA so he doesn't count.
lol.

I remember Rock-Shamrock match at WRESTLEMANIA and it got almost no reaction at all(this was 1998 I think?).

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yeah but MMA is as popular as it's ever been. Back then, MMA wasn't a huge deal to people.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
CHAEL SONNEN TO THE WWE!
This. Wait til he beats Silva then have him walk out of the curtain and give him at least 5 minutes uninterrupted on Raw.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Chael Sonnen and Josh Koshchek (as much as I dislike him) would do well in WWE. Both are athletic and have natural charisma.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Sonnen? no way, he is doing great now. but Tito Ortiz, Rampage Jackson and King Mo maybe. the first two are retiring after one more fight and Mo was released. all three have charisma and are good (amateur/MMA) wrestlers.

lol.

I remember Rock-Shamrock match at WRESTLEMANIA and it got almost no reaction at all(this was 1998 I think?).
well, in 1998 UFC was insignificant.

·
Best in the World
2,522 Posts
WWE shouldn't turn UFC into competition, turn UFC into friends.
I don't think I have ever heard something that makes so much sense.

UFC is not a competitor. Its an entire different industry, but I think they could work with WWE in an invasion storyline.

·
Registered
664 Posts

UFC is not a competitor. Its an entire different industry, but I think they could work with WWE in an invasion storyline.
it does make sense indeed. specially with Bellator FC going to Spike TV in 2013 and having plans to collaborate with TNA. even if TNA and BFC are not a threat to WWE and UFC, they are second biggest leagues in USA.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts

Not even friends like UFC has to do WWE storylines, just like they're in a good relationship with WWE.

Like how someone like Donald Trump has a good relationship with WWE/Mr.McMahon, or all these other companies(Walmart being biggest example) are working with WWE.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts