Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
A WEF Certified Product
6,596 Posts
Well I generally don't sit and rank streaks considering none are really similar unless it is for a specific statistic, such as the comparison between these 90 wins and the 88 produced by UCLA, even though they really aren't similar.

Kudos to UConn, but can we please get it off ESPN and put some more hockey on or somethin'! Come on man!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I was starting to think they'd never lose, it's was a great run for them there's no way Women's basketball (college or pro) would've ever gotten the respect and attention this team has earned.

I don't really have a definitive list of top streaks but the greatest streak in sports history imo is Dimaggio's 56 game hitting streak and it always will be but this streak would be at least in the top 10 for me.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
Well I generally don't sit and rank streaks considering none are really similar unless it is for a specific statistic, such as the comparison between these 90 wins and the 88 produced by UCLA, even though they really aren't similar.

Kudos to UConn, but can we please get it off ESPN and put some more hockey on or somethin'! Come on man!
I would love to see the NHL come back to ESPN.. it's so hard for me to watch a game these days.

But the NHL has terrible ratings on ESPN so they would rather put up something like Poker (in which I enjoy) or a spelling B :p

As for the streak. I loved it. I'm glad they broke the 88 game streak and I'm also glad it's over.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Well it could be broken but I doubt that or the UCLA record could ever be broken in mens basketball. I heard they were down 10 points and as the time clicked off I realized they were finished.

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
What a decade for UConn's women's team. Two streaks of 75+ games in a row, I'd imagine their record for the last 10 years looks something like 300-20.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts