Wrestling Forum banner

UCLA student receives death threats after racist rant

2525 Views 32 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  seancarleton77
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-ucla-asian-racist-rant,0,3389859.story

WESTWOOD (KTLA) -- A UCLA student whose racist rant about “Asians in the Library,” is reportedly receiving death threats.

In the nearly three-minute video, the student, identified as Alexandra Wallace, rants about the "hordes of Asian people that UCLA accepts into our school."

Wallace claims not be talking about her 'cool' Asian friends, but goes on to describe other Asians at UCLA as spoiled, rude and unintelligible.

Campus police tell the 'Daily Bruin' that the political science major, has sought the protection of campus police after she received several calls and emails from people threatening revenge.

UCPD spokeswoman Nancy Greenstein says police advised her to take a number of precautions and are currently working to ensure her safety.

Phil Gussin, Wallace’s political science professor, told the newspaper that Wallace contacted him with concern about how she would take her finals.

Gussin said Wallace told him that police advised her to reschedule her final exams in light of the death threats and information posted online that listed her class schedule and exam locations.

The video first surfaced Friday, the day an earthquake and tsunami rocked Japan.

And, Wallace even noted the disaster in her posting, "I swear they're going through their whole families, just checking on everybody from the tsunami thing. ... Like, you seriously should go outside if you're going to do that."

Wallace mimics an Asian student answering a cell phone in the school's library by saying, "Ohhhhhhhh! *********** ling long ting tong! Ohhhhhhh!"

"Hi. In America, we do not talk on our cell phones in the library!" she rants.

Wallace issued an apology through UCLA's newspaper, the Daily Bruin, saying she couldn't explain why she made the remarks.

"Clearly the original video posted by me was inappropriate," she said. "I cannot explain what possessed me to approach the subject as I did, and if I could undo it, I would."

UCLA Chancellor Gene Block issued the following statement on Monday:

"I am appalled by the thoughtless and hurtful comments of a UCLA student posted on YouTube. Like many of you, I recoil when someone invokes the right of free expression to demean other individuals or groups.

The university is examining the video to see if it violates any part of the student code of conduct.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· also known as a BUSTER
13,189 Posts
"Deep into my studying of political science" then in the next breath "ching ching ling long...". :no: I think she needs to study harder.

Also, "If your family is dead. Go outside and don't make noise in my library".

1,886 Posts
Didn't really see anything so Shocking in the video the first time I saw it last week and still now its been brought back up I can't really see anything so bad about it. She is such a fucking retard but all she said was *********** ling long ting tong its not like she killed anybody, every country has jokes been made about the way they talk every day! Everyone of my mates who has seen is has been abit pissed about it but I swear I see worse everyday!

I may just be biased as I'm one of the few who aren't afraid to say i'd smash her :p

· Banned
5,112 Posts
Didn't really see anything so Shocking in the video the first time I saw it last week and still now its been brought back up I can't really see anything so bad about it. She is such a fucking retard but all she said was *********** ling long ting tong its not like she killed anybody, every country has jokes been made about the way they talk every day! Everyone of my mates who has seen is has been abit pissed about it but I swear I see worse everyday!

I may just be biased as I'm one of the few who aren't afraid to say i'd smash her :p
It was all stupid and silly until she got to the whole tsunami thing. How can you have a go at people concerned at whether or not their family is dead? She was basically saying "I know you're in distress but can you fuck off out the library?" She wasn't taking everything into account when saying something so ridiculously stupid.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.