Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
WF Veteran
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was anyone shocked on how he was booked today? i was expecting him to beat Henry with the help of Jackson Andrews but Henry gives them both the Worlds Strongest Slam. is WWE already done with Kidd?

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,806 Posts
lol, yeah, that was pretty funny.

I was 99% certain Andrews would help him win, since Tyson was yapping with DB, hyping up Andrews, etc.

Mark Henry just owned both of them, it was quite confusing but funny at the same time.

No idea what the plan here is.

·
Registered
213 Posts
They're building up Mark Henry so he can end the streak and realise his boyhood dream. Expect a lot of montages in the upcoming months with his elderly Mexican trainer.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I found it strange. Jackson Andrew's only has size going for him at this point, so to nullify that by having Mark Henry outdo him at his own game was certainly an odd way to go about a build.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was stunned. I figured that they were starting to give Kidd a push with the mic time he was getting along with the new bodyguard. So disappointing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Was anyone shocked on how he was booked today? i was expecting him to beat Henry with the help of Jackson Andrews but Henry gives them both the Worlds Strongest Slam. is WWE already done with Kidd?
Hopefully!

·
Registered
661 Posts
I wasn't surprised that Kidd was booked so poorly. What surprised me was that they let Andrews get WSS'd.

I thought that Andrews would be booked as the big bad bodyguard type that would make other superstars cower before Kidd because of the threat. Then he would eventually realize that he's more talented and open a can on Kidd.

Oh well...that's what you get for teaming with a guy who can't even get a haircut right.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If the company is burying Kidd I can't imagine why they would leave in the Kidd/Bryan scene. I think there's more to this storyline (Triple Threat for the U.S. Title maybe?).

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Kidd will probably end up still being the #1 contender for the US Title somehow next week...maybe win a #1 contenders match or something. I doubt they would have had that backstage segment between him and Bryan otherwise.

My guess is that WWE wanted to give Mark Henry a strong look in the weeks leading into the Rumble. They do this every year with a bunch of superstars to add "suspense and uncertainty" to the Royal Rumble match outcome.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Most logical thing would be to have Kidd demand a rematch with Henry next week, which leads to either Andrews helping Kidd prevail like we all thought would be the case tonight, or just a simple beatdown on Henry. Henry's over, and they did a good job capitalizing on that this evening, but the key should be to shift the returns from that onto Kidd and Andrews in heat. Could then see Daniel Bryan getting involved, and as was mentioned, we're probably in store for at least a couple of Henry/Bryan vs. Kidd/Andrews matches. I can see Tyson Kidd challenging Daniel Bryan for the United States Championship in the opening bout of The Royal Rumble.

·
New Game. New Rules. New Era.
4,440 Posts
Kidd will probably end up still being the #1 contender for the US Title somehow next week...maybe win a #1 contenders match or something. I doubt they would have had that backstage segment between him and Bryan otherwise.

My guess is that WWE wanted to give Mark Henry a strong look in the weeks leading into the Rumble. They do this every year with a bunch of superstars to add "suspense and uncertainty" to the Royal Rumble match outcome.
This. It's only to give him some momentum leading to The Rumble. Tyson is doing fine, he'll win the title off Bryan at EC or Wrestlemania.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts