Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=377mq85tins

This match had everything to make it an awesome match.

There was a logical story in the match. Kidd believes he is the better man. Kidd attacks DH Smith. DH Smith wants revenge. We see Kidd repeatedly try to win the match while DH Smith hardly goes for the pin.

The commentary was on point. Instead of trying to hype themselves or bury the competitors in the ring, CM Punk and Scott Stanford explain the story in the ring. Not only do they do that, but they also talk about the action and moves in the ring. Compare this to Cole and Lawler, the commentary shows interest in the match makes the viewer more interested in the match.

The crowd was alive on a d rated show with two low-midcarder wrestlers. At first the crowd is clearly not interested in the match. As the match progresses, the crowd gets more and more involved.

The finish was logical too. Shades of a mix between Owen/Bret and Jericho/HBK, the lucky roll up and slap further develops Kidd’s character.

Great match.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
One of the best WWE matches of the year, free on Superstars.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,598 Posts
At the end of the match when DH Smith and Tyson Kidd were standing in the ring, and DH wanted to shake hands. I wished Tyson did shake hands and they reform Hart Dynasty, therefore ending their storyline and going back on the stupid decision to break them up. It would have made sense as well, as they could explain that Tyson was frustrated with DH Smith but the match allowed them to resolve their differences and just let them get a bit of bad blood out of thier system or something like that.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
I love how Kidd and Smith went from being afterthoughts to having three or four separate threads about them by virtue of this match. That's a mark of some worthwhile talent (and of how you can develop storylines and build characters in matches).
Hey, I called this happening months ago. for the first time in months the two are doing something and are half way relavent. Which is something that wouldn't be the case if they hadn't split up.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
Hey, I called this happening months ago. for the first time in months the two are doing something and are half way relavent. Which is something that wouldn't be the case if they hadn't split up.
To be honest, I'd be hard pressed to call anything happening in the tag division even half way relevant. As far as I can tell, they're fairly screwed either way: separately, they'll be confined to Superstars and an occasional nothing match on Raw, but together they're part of a division that had Santino and Koslov as number one contenders at the last PPV. At least this way, there's the promise of decent, lengthy matches, albeit on the D-show.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
To be honest, I'd be hard pressed to call anything happening in the tag division even half way relevant.
Nexus.

As far as I can tell, they're fairly screwed either way: separately, they'll be confined to Superstars and an occasional nothing match on Raw,
A match is hardly "nothing" if it advances a feud and/or a character. Take Reks vs Baretta. Nothing match on paper, but it advanced the Hawkins vs Baretta feud, developed Hawkins' personality and showed that Reks is not all that bad in the ring. And their matches will be part of a feud, and thus won't be meaningless.

but together they're part of a division that had Santino and Koslov as number one contenders at the last PPV. At least this way, there's the promise of decent, lengthy matches, albeit on the D-show.
Long solo matches to show their stuff is a step up from sharing the spot light in a tag match. After Superstars, there's no way that it can be said that splitting up hasn't advanced their careers.

·
Registered
854 Posts
This was a great match and by far one of the best of the year. Why was this not the main event to Raw instead of Lawler Vs. Miz. Next thing I would love to see is Tyson Kidd Vs. Daniel Bryan. I think that that could be a hell of a match aswell. I really hope to see both DH Smith and Tyson Kidd make it in the WWE and continue to get better and more matches. They both have potential to be great single competitors aswell.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Why is this on Superstars and not Raw? They built this for many weeks and then they have the match on Superstars?

Great booking. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Why is this on Superstars and not Raw? They built this for many weeks and then they have the match on Superstars?

Great booking. :rolleyes:
cuz no one gives a shit. sure the match is good, but those two are so fucking boring. plus they had been jobbed out for weeks when it happened which pretty much killed their credibility as a team anyway. i really doubt anyone cared when they broke up.

·
Registered
560 Posts
cuz no one gives a shit. sure the match is good, but those two are so fucking boring. plus they had been jobbed out for weeks when it happened which pretty much killed their credibility as a team anyway. i really doubt anyone cared when they broke up.
exactly. No one cares about either of these guys. Do you think maybe they had a good match because they trained togeather for years, I hardly doubt they could do that against others

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
Nexus.

A match is hardly "nothing" if it advances a feud and/or a character. Take Reks vs Baretta. Nothing match on paper, but it advanced the Hawkins vs Baretta feud, developed Hawkins' personality and showed that Reks is not all that bad in the ring. And their matches will be part of a feud, and thus won't be meaningless.

Long solo matches to show their stuff is a step up from sharing the spot light in a tag match. After Superstars, there's no way that it can be said that splitting up hasn't advanced their careers.
Heh, I think you were actually agreeing with me on the last two points. I was saying that the matches they're in on Raw would be nothing matches, but the matches they'd have on Superstars would be great.

But I don't think Nexus are really doing the tag division any favours - not through any fault of their own, but simply because there's no real competition. Even the way they won the belts spoke to that - taking them from Cena/Otunga in a non-match, who had won them from Rhodes/McIntyre who split up immediately after, who won them in a tag team gauntlet match that was a pure afterthought from the Hart Dynasty who - gasp - split up.

As much as I'd like there to be a flourishing tag division, it's not happening, and anyone who's in a tag team right now (and there's about 40% less after the last batch of releases) is pretty much stagant career-wise. Until two weeks from now, when whatever team they're in breaks up, of course.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
exactly. No one cares about either of these guys. Do you think maybe they had a good match because they trained togeather for years, I hardly doubt they could do that against others
Good DH Smith match

Good Tyson Kidd match

You were saying?

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Heh, I think you were actually agreeing with me on the last two points. I was saying that the matches they're in on Raw would be nothing matches, but the matches they'd have on Superstars would be great.
If the Superstars match was transferred to Raw it wouldn't be a nothing match because it advances their feud wherever it's shown.

But I don't think Nexus are really doing the tag division any favours - not through any fault of their own, but simply because there's no real competition. Even the way they won the belts spoke to that - taking them from Cena/Otunga in a non-match, who had won them from Rhodes/McIntyre who split up immediately after, who won them in a tag team gauntlet match that was a pure afterthought from the Hart Dynasty who - gasp - split up.
The tag division is obsolete anyway.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I loved the ending of the match. Bulldog and Hart SS92 style. Maybe thats how WWE want to move forward with these guys and thats trying to make them into the next Davey Boy and next Bret.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The crowd was alive mid-way in the match.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Much better than expected. As a tag team the pair really bored me but Kidd showed some great personality and DH was more impressive in the ring that I thought.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
A brilliant match, suprised they put it on Superstars because hardly anyone watches it. Tyson Kidd developing his character is always good but I still fail to see any promise in DH Smith, he's jut plain and boring.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts