Wrestling Forum banner

Tyson Kidd: The Phoney Push

1352 Views 13 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Xist2inspire
In September 1939, England and France declared war on Nazi Germany following the invasion of Poland after granting Poland a war guarantee in the time period leading to the invasion. But between September 1939 and May 1940, there was a conspicuous lack of military operations by the nations who declared war on Germany. This time period has been noted as "The Phoney War" by historians.

Well, ever since Tyson Kidd broke free of DH Smith, WWE's creative team has given the guy "The Phoney Push." He turns heel. Soon, he comes out with a "bodyguard." He is given a lengthy bit of airtime with Kelly Kelly at the Slammy's Raw show. He speaks of capturing the United States Championship.

And then the air is allowed to go out of the balloon. And fast. He and his bodyguard are "taken out" by lowly Mark Henry, who's usually cast as the expendable "enhancement talent" on Raw. But not this time. One little slam on Jackson Andrews "took him out," supposedly. Too many here reach for the b-word--buried/burial--but this could certainly be described as such, for once.

Then, Kidd's role on Raw vanishes, and he goes to Superstars, where he generally loses. A guy receiving a push would probably beat Yoshi Tatsu in the main event of Superstars; but Yoshi beat Kidd.

Last night, Kidd was made into the 'Rumble match's biggest joke, as Hornswoggle gave him an Attitude Adjustment.

Now, being Hornswoggle's bitch didn't kill Chavo Guerrero. But that is largely because Chavo was established as an onscreen character and was known by the fans as a "comedy character" of sorts for the past several years, especially beginning with his total squashing by Kane at Wrestlemania three years ago. But Tyson Kidd is another matter entirely. WWE has refused to develop his heel character once the uninspired Hart Dynasty break-up angle finally concluded, and any chance to make him look threatening to anyone has been given up on by WWE.

They teased us with a Kidd/Bryan feud, but gone in the exact opposite direction. Bryan may be a "nerd" as constructed by WWE creative, but the fans realize that he's not to be taken lightly in the ring. Kidd's been drastically lowered in the eyes of the fans by every creative decision in the past month. Perhaps they will finally get around to a Kidd challenge of Bryan's United States Championship, but they have unquestionably gone about it in an inexplicably poor way.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6,512 Posts
He's legitimately been buried right now, in the true 'worked lowering of a wrestler's status and place on the card' meaning of the word. He's salvageable, but right now I'm not sure they want to save him.

Lord knows what Jackson Andrews did to piss someone off, though. Sure, he was green as hell, but they knew that when he was called up.

· Registered
806 Posts
They managed to salvage Ziggler from a loss to Hornswoggle. Kidd's definitely got potential in my eye. He's pretty similar in the ring to Bryan - technical with a bit of hi-flying - and considering he was trained by Stu Hart and Bryan was trained by Shawn Michaels, there's ample room to create a good feud

· Registered
1,942 Posts
"I fear this guy's going to get FE'd this year :\"

-My words during last nights rumble.

Seriously, WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY would they have this guy with a HUGE bodyguard, be taken out by ancient WWE employee MARK HENRY? I don't get it...

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"I fear this guy's going to get FE'd this year :\"

-My words during last nights rumble.

Seriously, WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY would they have this guy with a HUGE bodyguard, be taken out by ancient WWE employee MARK HENRY? I don't get it...
What kind of WWE superstar--much less a big hulking monstrous bodyguard--gets taken out by one slam, no matter who administers it, on the canvas of the ring?

WWE has fumbled the ball here quite severely.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,189 Posts
I can't get my head round why WWE would take two lifelong best friends, who've been tag-teaming since the mid 90s, and split them up.

It's like shooting the goose that laid the golden egg. You can't buy that kind of chemistry between two young guys.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
To be honest, i just don't find Kidd interesting in the slightest, i like to see him wrestle because he's one hell of in-ring talent but everytime i see him come out i just don't get excited or anything, it's similar to how i saw Shelton Benjamin when he's still in the company.

He must have pissed someone off backstage, it's really mind-boggling and quite hilarious to see what happens to him since his bodyguard vanished.

· Registered
2,673 Posts
I like Kidd, but the Hart Dynasty breakup really screwed him over. Kidd's one of those guys who has loads of potential, but needs a lot of time and work invested in him and his character to have him succeed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.