Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was a few weeks ago that Mick Foley tweet about Tyson Kidd

Mick Foley ‏@realMickFoley
Seems like @KiddWWE can do just about anything inside that ring. Would love to see him catch a big break - right opponent, right occasion.
He tweeted when both of them were on a tour and Mick was the guest referee that night. As Tyson Kidd was teaming with Sin Cara in a tag team match. Its very rare guys like Mick, a WWE Legend, whose worked in the WWE for a long time and gives compliments to young wrestlers like Tyson

What are your thoughts on Tyson Kidd? Does he deserve a big break?
Like Mick says, who's the right opponent? what storyline would you like to give him?

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
Re: Tyson Kidd gets a compliment from Mick Foley

He seems to be the definition of a wrestler's wrestler. All his peers seem to love him, very few fans feel very strongly about him. He should at the very least be a midcard mainstay, but that would require a midcard worth staying in.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts

Jim Ross tweeted during the battle royal at otl that Tyson reminds him of Dynamite kid which is quite the compliment.Tyson is pairing up with Gabriel at the moment so we see how that goes.I would love to see a 20 minute plus match with him and Bryan that could get him over seeing how well bryan is doing.Ziggler would also be a good opponent as well even sin cara.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Dungeon lock vs YES! Lock, I'm really looking forwrd for that to happen

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts

Tyson Kidd is an excellent worker everybody has stressed this until they became blue in the face. Hopefully he can do some damage in the tag division whenever it gets its spark back. Tyson with whoever doing some battles with KOW, man that would be the shit. Things I say that can't happen in the ring Tyson's in ring work told me I'm bullshitting myself. Well, him and Morrison. :eek:

·
sharing a hotel with mickie james
782 Posts

The only thing tyson kidd needs is a manger to talk for him, other than that he is very impressive in the ring, I don't know why they ever gave up that manager storyline for him back on superstars, cause he could sure of used one of them

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
He talks just fine. Good enough to cut a basic babyface promo, at least. He's no Evan Bourne on the mic. He doesn't need a manager.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Kidd is a smaller and slightly more athletic version of Shelton Benjamin, I've come to admit that.

He'll get nothing more than 5 mid card titles and a few tag team titles, but that's stretching it.

·
STEVALD
4,053 Posts
His in-ring work is quite impressive and I can see him do good in the mid-card if he gets the opportunity to.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Not a surprise seeing as Tyson Kidd might be the best pound for pound wrestler in the WWE.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Tyson Kidd is an absolutely horrible performer. I made the mistake of watching an NXT show where Tyson Kidd was on commentary and it was just painful. He has no charisma whatsoever, cannot talk, has a poor look - with all that considered it doesn't mean a thing if he's a great "technical wrassler". He isn't entertaining at all and for that reason he shouldn't be in the company.

I like Foley a lot, as a person and a performer, but his opinion on talent is worthless as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
12,583 Posts
Kidd has no character hook - he gives me no reason to care about him. Sure he's damn good in the ring, but that only takes you so far. He just isn't charismatic. I've said before than if he came in under a mask he's be an upper card guy as Sin Cara unmasked wouldn't be seen nearly as special, that they mask would add mystery/intrigue - and I still believe that.

Maybe he gets a bit of a break on the cruiserweight show if it ever happens.

Given how Nattie and the whole women's division is treated in the wwe, I think both would be better served heading to Japan or TNA. But I still don't think the latter would get over.

Kidd also needs a nickname - if he wants to play off Dynamite Kid he could go with something like - C-4, Semtex, TNT. It's too bad the Hart history is so messy as he could have went the Blue Blazer direction or The Pegasus Kid route. Of course neither of those can ever happen. I don't think all the "Hart" stuff now works with as he's not a "Hart". He's a "friend of Hart".

·
Registered
895 Posts
Tyson Kidd is a victim of current curcumstance! WWE has no place for "good workers", all they want is big guys and/or mic workers. Any one with even the slightest ounce of personality will get a lifetime's worth of TV time compared to a good wrestler! Take Starbuck Otunga for example.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
Kidd is one of the best wrestlers on the roster, and he could be invaluable to the resurrection of the midcard if given a chance. He's so entertaining in the ring that any of his shortcomings are mostly irrelevant. He's never going to main-event Wrestlemania, but he could be a staple of the midcard for years to come.

Every company needs their workhorse, and Tyson Kidd could be that for the WWE.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Kidd is one of the best wrestlers on the roster, and he could be invaluable to the resurrection of the midcard if given a chance. He's so entertaining in the ring that any of his shortcomings are mostly irrelevant. He's never going to main-event Wrestlemania, but he could be a staple of the midcard for years to come.

sadly this will be all tyson ever does. maybe somewhere down the line they'll give him a run with something other than the tag titles, but i just dont see it happening. he's one of my favorite wrestlers and i would LOVE to see him get a shot at being towards the top of the card, but i dont think it will happen.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Tyson Kidd is a victim of current curcumstance! WWE has no place for "good workers", all they want is big guys and/or mic workers. Any one with even the slightest ounce of personality will get a lifetime's worth of TV time compared to a good wrestler! Take Starbuck Otunga for example.
Are you kidding me? WWE's biggest problem is that their wrestlers are too SMALL. Two tiny guys Punk and Bryan are feuding for the supposedly richest prize in the industry, and yet you somehow come up with the notion that WWE only pushes big guys? Thankfully it seems like Vince is about to end his IWC fascination and start appealing to the real world again.

Who was WWE's workhorse during their most successful period ever 1998-99? I'm talking before IWC darlings Jericho, Guerrero, Benoit, Malenko etc came in. There were no boring workhorses - THAT was what made the product so great. Everyone had an interesting personality and their characters clashing made for the best wrestling TV ever.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
Who was WWE's workhorse during their most successful period ever 1998-99? I'm talking before IWC darlings Jericho, Guerrero, Benoit, Malenko etc came in. There were no boring workhorses - THAT was what made the product so great. Everyone had an interesting personality and their characters clashing made for the best wrestling TV ever.
You mean during the period when wrestling quality was at it's absolute worst? If all you want out of wrestling is big characters and wacky storylines, that's fine, but don't chastise those of us who actually appreciate every aspect of the business.

Quite frankly, I don't care what business model is the most successful for the WWE. I don't care how many fans tune in, I don't care how much money Vince McMahon makes, I don't care who draws what or which wrestler sells the most t-shirts. All I want is a good wrestling product, and to me that consists of a balance between good wrestling AND good characters.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts