Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's nice that they are finding something for Tyson Kidd to do now that his in-ring career is over. And he'll be back on Total Divas Season 7.

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Tyson Kidd, aka TJ Wilson, is making his return to wrestling … however, it won’t be in the ring — he’ll be working in a non-wrestling capacity.

According to sources, Kidd is currently being transitioned into a non-wrestling role. Since it’s still fresh, one source says it’s too early to define whether it’ll be behind the scenes — like a producer/agent — or if he’ll be used in some sort of on-air role that doesn’t require wrestling.

For those who don’t recall, Tyson was injured during a match with Samoa Joe in 2015 that ended his in-ring career. As we previously reported, Kidd was kept from filming Total Divas last season because the company feared he’d open up about the night of his injury.

The 36-year-old recently revealed, however, that he’ll once again appear on the show next season.

No word on whether his move to a backstage position will be chronicled.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/tyson-kidd-backstage-producer/#.WVL61mgrLct

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Sad to see his career cut short especially when he was finally starting to his stride as a character after his work in NXT.
It really is. I liked him from day 1, and after a rough go of it including injuries and a lack of identity, he finally seemed to find his niche. At one point he won like 12 matches in a row on Raw. What a time to be alive. But it ended in an instant, because of a move that has never hurt anyone else. Wrong move, wrong guy, wrong time. But, he survived an injury that has killed and paralyzed others.

What a mindfuck.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,870 Posts
Why doesn't WWE want him to talk about it? It was an accident!
It sounds like he's legitimately pissed and blames Joe and the WWE. He doesn't look at it as a freak accident.

Either way, I'm happy he's alive and can walk. It sucks that such a great talent had his career cut short right as he was finally getting over but I'm glad he can still stay gainfully employed in the industry he loves.

Reactions: december_blue

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
If it's possible, I'd like to see him manage Nattie.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
It sounds like he's legitimately pissed and blames Joe and the WWE. He doesn't look at it as a freak accident.

Either way, I'm happy he's alive and can walk. It sucks that such a great talent had his career cut short right as he was finally getting over but I'm glad he can still stay gainfully employed in the industry he loves.
I think there is definitely some level of negligence involved.

·
Rolling Blunts With King Kunta
1,531 Posts
I would be cool with him managing Natalya.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
He should be a trainer because he was pretty boring every time the company trusted a mic on his hands. His best asset was his in-ring work, let's not forget than when he teamed with Cesaro (maybe his best run in the company) Cesaro was considered the "charismatic" one, that says it all.

I think is logical that Tyson is still mad, his career was cut short and he almost loses the mobility of his body, and let's not kid ourselves if it wasn't that Samoa Joe was just debuting and was one of the new shinny toys of Triple H he would have been fired.

·
Registered
14,226 Posts
Glad they're giving him a chance to try his hand in other roles. The guy obviously has a big passion for wrestling. Hopefully something strikes a chord with him and he finds a niche he's really good at.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts