Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing how we have a thread on Chris Masters Spinebuster- Did anyone see on this past Superstars the move Tyler Rekks did on Curt Hawkins off the turnbuckle? That looks like a move that could have easily broken hawkins face and doubt its allowed in todays restrictive wrestling.

The match is around the 30 minute mark.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Nice move. Why is Reks wrestling Hawkins again? Heel vs Heel. Are they trying to make Reks as uninteresting as possible?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
What about them calling his finisher a Burning Hammer?

It's not a fucking Burning Hammer! To be a Burning Hammer he should drop him on the head!

Awesome big boot and very cool turnbuckle move right there, BTW.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Nice move. Why is Reks wrestling Hawkins again? Heel vs Heel. Are they trying to make Reks as uninteresting as possible?
Well, they tagged the week before and came out victorious, but Reks decided to be an ass and attack his partner. Either they're actually turning Hawkins face, or it was a random one-timer "feud ender" and Superstars continues to make little sense as far as character alignments go.

What about them calling his finisher a Burning Hammer?

It's not a fucking Burning Hammer! To be a Burning Hammer he should drop him on the head!
Agreed, makes me want to punch them both in the nuts.

·
Captain Cally
1,674 Posts
I like Rekks alot.....I should start watching Superstars again. Hawkins and Rekks pretty good young talent.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I thought Reks was going to do a Green Bay Plunge. :p

He's pretty impressive in that match, that big boot also looked sick.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Damn, that was a sweet move. And a good match over all too. I like Tyler Reks. If I ran a promotion I'd look for him to one day be a big time player, but I base things on ring skill and presence alone. I'm not sure if he has what it takes to be anything more than a lower card in WWE

Like everyone said, that big boot was awesome. Both guys looked good in this match. I love Reks' finisher too, pretty sweet name for it also.

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,111 Posts
There are some talented guys frequenting Superstars. Trent Barreta has impressed me whenever I've seen him. Tyler Reks is way better with the psycho character than the surfer. Hawkins is pretty entertaining as well. Zack Ryder has been underutilized for some time (best performer not named Christian during the waning days ECW).

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Anyoen have a UK video of it, I can't watch it here

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
The whole match was great. Tyler Reks has been doing great stuff on Superstars. Honestly, he has a great heel look (white guy in dreadlocks notwithstanding), good moveset, intimidating entrance theme. He could really amount to something if they give him character development on Smackdown.

·
Registered
416 Posts
They call it a "Burning Hammer" because the actual name of the move is... the Spicy Drop.

Yeah, from Curry Man. The dancing guy with a plate of rice on his head.

As for the turnbuckle move, good stuff. Would be less safe for main eventers, but good stuff.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts