Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
He's had the same gimmick since 2013. He hasn't evolved or improved. His character and ring work is beyond stale and there's so many new guys coming in who are just leagues better than him.

I feel like he needs to do SOMETHING other than just coast in NXT forever. A gimmick change, a change in wrestling style, or just get called up and see if he sinks or swims.

But coming out every week for the past 2 years now doing the same "Mmmm gorgeous", the same stupid face, and the same stupid selfie thing, wrestling wannabe Dolph Ziggler type matches is just beyond old.

Done.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
While I'm not a fan, I wouldn't say he sucks.

He just doesn't seem as good in comparison. Tbf, he doesn't have the experience his current competition has.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
36,061 Posts

It's about time Breeze got a hate thread :drose. Breeze is gorgeous and you will deal. Yes, his gimmick needs tweaking, but he's still one of the best performers on NXT and damn sure better than Itami who's struggling to adapt to WWE's system and got immediately overshadowed by Balor.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The only thing wrong with Tyler Breeze is his new theme music(I thought the original theme fit him better). In my opinion, he's solid in the ring and plays his character extremely well. He's also one of the few NXT wrestlers that can hang with the influx of indie darlings and hold his own or even bring out the best out of people like Hideo Itami (which few people have been able to do, just ask Curtis Axel...).

Breeze is a great utility guy that can be a good worker and be a comedy act all at the same time. I can see people feeling his gimmick has run it's course or hasn't evolved but I still think he's solid.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
Well, surprisingly I agree with everything you said aside from the title.

Breeze is solid in the ring and on the mic but he's basically been spinning his wheels for the better part of three years now. He needs to move on from NXT after this feud with baldy I think. Time to call him up to the main roster and pair him with Miz or something. I wouldn't say he sucks just because his booking has gotten stale, though.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Agreed, I have been saying for months have him debut on the main roster as Miz's personal stylist once Mizdow turns on him and Breeze can show up and help the Miz beat Mizdow. Would be a perfect way to debut Breeze into the wwe. Start him off slow and the MIz and him would get a ton of heat and that would help build Breeze as a solid heel.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Just bring Breeze up is what I say as a fan of his. He can hang with any of the indie darlings, but booking wise he is clearly going to be jobbing to all of them as long as he remains there (not to mention featured less). The thinking I suppose is that Breeze is mid card at best (I suppose so was Shawn eh?) while the indie guys are "main event" talents (doubtful).

Bring him up and just do something with him. Fandango/Miz/Cameron are all good people to pair him up with.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
The guy is fine, he Has a fun character and technically speaking he got the best match out of Itami since Itami came to NXT. Itami's match with Balor was good but too short.

If I were WWE I'd call Breeze up and give him Baron Corbin as his muscle.

If you wanted to recreate the Christian, Tomko, Trish or Ziggler, big e, AJ thing you could call up Alexa Bliss too. The three of them could make for an interesting package

·
I AM SO KAFKAESQUE
1,782 Posts
He hasn't improved? Spinning his wheels? He used to be soft-spoken and very mild mannered on the mic; I loathed him in 2013. Since then, he's picked up tons of confidence and his delivery has come a long way, not just in his enunciation, but also in the steadiness of his tone and the firm control over his inflection.

His showmanship and ability to carry himself around the ring has dramatically improved too. He looked as stiff and coordinated as a tree in his debut, but now he's almost as poised as Finn Balor or Sami Zayn. Even throughout the actual matches, he's become more graceful than even some guys on the main roster.

His ring presence still has room for improvement and he needs to be more comfortable carrying himself in singles matches, but he undeniably looked like a superstar in one of the best matches of 2014. For such a fresh talent, he's made strides and has a fantastic career ahead of himself.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
He's good, he makes the gimmick work for what its worth. Is he going to be a main eventer ? Probably not and the gimmick certainly hurts his chances but he's definitely going to be a good midcard act and you can even make a duo for a tag team if you really want a heel tag team

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Tyler Breeze the "character" does suck. It's been stale, no one cares to see a Rick "The Model" Martel type character anymore. Remember when he was Mike Dalton? He was shit then too. The man playing any one of these characters is simply boring and has zero charisma. He is a jobber at best. When I look at him I don't feel like I am looking at a professional wrestler. He is a ringside color commentator to me. Put a mask on him, and pair him with Kalisto on the main roster.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Wait so... 'stale' character + gimmick < 'stale' character + zero gimmick?

I would rather have a handful of 7/10 in ring with actual gimmicks than five guys who are 9-10/10 in ring with no discernible gimmick nor unique character.

See I don't get why you would trash someone for having a 'stale' gimmick when there are people getting more time that don't actually have one at all, and if they do it's the same as four other people, which inherently makes it stale. Especially when, I can't stress this enough, the guy you're accusing to have a stale gimmick gets no air time past an occasional match to do anything.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.