• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I haven't seen much of Black's ROH work, but just going off his FCW work he's already become one of my favorites.

Great ring awareness and fluidity. Tough question because he's similar to Punk.

I'd say Rollins has a slight edge on speed and conditioning, whereas Punk has a slight edge on striking.

Tough call, i'll say push.

Though a program between these two down the line will be great, throw Bryan in there too.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,462 Posts
Tyler Black can have a great match...it just depends on if his opponent is better than him. He's an example of someone who can do greater than he is capable given the right opponent, but given a lesser opponent, his shortcomings are very obvious.

He does great against someone like Bryan Danielson or Nigel McGuinness, but if you were to put him in the ring with someone who isn't already a god in the ring, it's going to be a shit match. Then he's any other MOVEZ~! wrestler who doesn't know psychology or how to work anything but an indy match.

CM Punk always had that WWE style down (which isn't a knock on Punk), but if you were to ask me to compare their two best matches against each other (not counting CM Punks numerous 5* matches), the edge would go to Punk.

Winner: CM Punk

Punk just has a style and a presence that makes wrestling fun and entertaining without having to make the crowd go "OOOH, WHOA!" every 5 seconds because of high flashy stuff that means shit.

Edit: Bring in Tyler before Wrestlemania time and throw him in a few matches with Daniel Bryan trying to "prove himself" and you've got a great program right there. Danielson vs. Black from Breakout is one of my favorite matches from either guy and has a great story that would go well with a storyline of a new rookie wanting to make a name for himself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.