Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
The B Team
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonder what everyone thinks about Tye Dillinger? I honestly think he is the next CM Punk calibre superstar. I really wish WWE would see he is a star and not a fucking jobber. His gimmic is awesome, he has in ring skills, have not heard him much on the mic but what I have heard seemed pretty good imo. Opinions?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I was wonder what everyone thinks about Tye Dillinger? I honestly think he is the next CM Punk calibre superstar. I really wish WWE would see he is a star and not a fucking jobber. His gimmic is awesome, he has in ring skills, have not heard him much on the mic but what I have heard seemed pretty good imo. Opinions?
I honestly hope not :nikki2

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
He,s a fad. The nxt crowd are popping for that because it's the fun thing to do and new. He will die off quicker then fandango. Wouldn't survive on the mainroster and to call him the next punk is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Tye dillingers best fit is enhancement or tagteam.

·
The B Team
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He,s a fad. The nxt crowd are popping for that because it's the fun thing to do and new. He will die off quicker then fandango. Wouldn't survive on the mainroster and to call him the next punk is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Tye dillingers best fit is enhancement or tagteam.
It's my opinion so I guess we will see.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts

He already failed in the tag team division with Jason Jordan. Gable took that guy and turned their team into the hottest act in NXT. Dillinger couldn't do anything with him.

And you're right about it being "the new fun thing to do". It's a fun crowd participation thing when you're at a show, but nobody can take that shit seriously. If people think Tyler's gimmick is a joke, then what the hell is this?

·
Registered
11,350 Posts
He managed to get a chant over despite very little TV time so he has that going for him, decent worker, good look, tall

I wonder does anyone remember his run in ecw in 2008

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I freely admit I don't remember his ECW run.

He ain't bad. He ain't great either. He could be something. He could fall by the wayside. He is at that stage where he could go either way to be honest.

·
Midcard Minivan
6,677 Posts

·
Welcome To The Jungle
2,010 Posts
The whole perfect 10 thing is a cool catchphrase, it shouldn't be your gimmick but I like the guy, pretty talented in ring and on the mic, if he can get a serious gimmick then he might do really well, next CM Punk? I doubt it but you never know, the perfect 10 gimmick will get buried on the main roster

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
I kinda like him. I don't think he's any sort of generational talent but hes solid in the ring and solid on the mic. He's already been in developmental for years and is already in his mid 30's so I don't really see him going up to the main roster but he could be a good complimentary character for NXT if he wants to stay.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
He already failed in the tag team division with Jason Jordan. Gable took that guy and turned their team into the hottest act in NXT. Dillinger couldn't do anything with him.
They were a literal jobber team, that's like saying Corbin failed because all he did was lose matches as a feature jobber before "officially" debuting at a TakeOver by beating CJ Parker.

What's with this entire mindset? I'd expect wrestling posters to be more understanding regarding someone's booking. Do you just assume someone is untalented because they don't get a push? Because history proves that is completely untrue.

I like Dillinger because I think he's genuinely one of the most talented guys in NXT right now. He can wrestle and it has been proven, he can talk and it has been proven, he just hasn't been given a single feud with a single match longer than ten minutes, or a match in which he has a chance in winning, to actually display his talents to a wider audience.

Does that mean I think he's going to be the next CM Punk? Lol, fuck no. I think he'd have an upper mid-card ceiling with his current gimmick and he'd be a good hand in the mid card on the main roster, but he'll never get that shot because of his position in this shoddy, ridiculous version of NXT.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Yeah he has the best name you could ask for, and this "10 thing" is freaking whack as hell..

When I first saw Breeze I was like, OK gimmick, just change your pants. When I saw Dalton Castle, I was like dude is a little wild but his gimmick worked.

Tye Dillinger reminds me of Bo Dallas and Tyler Breeze combo. He has that big old smirk on his face all the time.

He has "spunk", but he is not gonna last. If went after something that has to do with John Dillinger and act like a 30's bank robber'r, and used Dilligner Escape Plan music, he would be fucking bad ass.

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
He's good. I'd like to see more done with him, but honestly it's not because I feel he's some amazing talent, but because I feel bad for him being around so long and not having any success. Forget his ECW run, I remember watching him wrestle on Sunday Night Heat in 2005 when they had the show on WWE.com and I had dial up internet.

There's been plenty worse than him given pushes and had much more success. He's a good wrestler who is now finding confidence through this Perfect 10 gimmick. At 34, could be too little, too late.

I really don't like to write a talent off when they haven't had a role or push to really show off their skills. Let's not forget the tale of Steve Austin. After a solid run wrestling in WCW, winning tag and US titles, he then went to ECW and found his personality with some great anti-Bischoff promos. Then he went to WWE and became the Ringmaster. Shit music, receding hairline, plain gear, no promo time, carried around the Million Dollar belt and wrestled nothing matches with Savio Vega. Then he discovered the Stone Cold gimmick and was off like a rocket. I'm not for a second saying Dillinger will be the next Stone Cold, just that wrestlers need to find a role that suits them before they can really showcase their talents.

And for what it's worth, other wrestlers in NXT have been singing Dillinger's praises for years in interviews, long before Perfect 10 was born.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts