Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...rstars_at_Thursday_s_Live_Event_In_Leeds.html

- There were two possible injuries at Thursday's WWE live event in Leeds, England.

After CM Punk and Daniel Bryan defeated Erick Rowan and Luke Harper with Punk hitting GTS on Rowan, Punk stayed down after the pin with his head on the mat for a minute or two. A referee and Bryan checked on Punk before leaving the ring. Punk went straight to the back while Bryan stayed around to celebrate with fans.

The other incident came in the main event as World Heavyweight Champion John Cena was facing Alberto Del Rio. Cena went down after whipping Del Rio into the corner and reportedly went to the floor to stall for time. Del Rio ended up working the fans while Cena checked on his ankle. At one point, the referee threw up the "X" and stopped the match. Cena went on to finish the match but was said to be favoring his ankle, according to fans in attendance. Cena walked out on his own and one fan speculated that Cena was just selling very good.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Sounds like a possible concussion for Punk. Cena has had ankle problems for years, on account of his baffling choice to keep wearing trainers in matches instead of proper ring boots.

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...njuries-to-two-top-stars-at-tonight-wwe-live/

WrestlingINC.com reader Asim Iqbal ( @Asim_1993 ) sent a report for tonight's WWE live event in Leeds England to us tonight, as well as to F4WOnline.com.
In the report, which you can read here, he noted that CM Punk appeared to have been injured in his match tonight. After Punk and Daniel Bryan defeated Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Punk stayed down with his head on the floor as the referee and Bryan checked on him. Punk ended up getting to his feet and seemed OK walking to the back, but he did leave the stage about two minutes before Bryan while Bryan was high fiving fans. F4WOnline reports that the Punk did get hurt, but is not expected to miss any ring time.

The reader also noted that John Cena appeared to tweak his ankle during his match with Alberto Del Rio, but F4WOnline added that it appears that the injury was simply the story of the match.

Source: F4WOnline
according to report from F4WOnline the Cena one might be part of the match and Punk's injury is minor. We'll see tomorrow when they are in London, if its nothing.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
What's with all these apes injuring punk? First Roidback now these two nitwits? I'd be pissed if I was him. Maybe they need a couple more months in wwe's 'performance center'.

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also supposedly Randy Orton is working with his arm bandaged yesterday & today. Not sure if he is selling his RAW beatdown or really injured.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
I really don't know about Punk anymore. It's like his body is made of glass lately. I feel like he really needs to start transitioning to a lighter schedule if he is going to be around post WM 30.

And hopefully Cena was just selling kayfabe. I will cry if we get ADR vs Swagger/Cesaro/Sheamus/Ziggler/Anyone for another five months.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
Sucks for both. Injuries suck.

Though, I agree with some on Punk seeming to be injury-prone. I've see far more reports on him being injured than those of any other wrestler on the roster, and it's not even close.

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
Orton bump looked crazy and after re-watching, it did look like he landed awkwardly. It could be minor as well.

Punk has been working injured for a while and still taking a lot of crazy bumps that honestly he should avoid. I don't think his matches would lose quality even if he took it easy for a bit. Perhaps teaming him with Bryan was one way of letting him be in matches while getting some rest.

Cena looks like he could be making too big of a sacrifice being in the ring at the moment.

Plus isn't he also working house shows and dark matches? Are WWE really struggling that much for revenue/ratings that he'd take such a huge risk?

·
Banned
13,408 Posts
Cena's going to end up cripping himself unless Vince and Cena both come to an agreement that he should stay away until he's 100% :jose

But hey... This man is just unbelievable.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
Big Show is injured, awesome! Orton might be injured, cool! Cena should be out right now as it is. So people are calling me specifically a troll, when this whole month we've all been complaining that everyone that is in the main event has been for years now and that we were all sick of it...yet you're singling me out for it!? how many times have each of you complained about the same people being in the main event and its 2013 and its still the same people? But i'm the fucking troll?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.