Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
since guys like shelton Matt Hardy and Morrison would make the main title look bad when pairing them up to giants from the past like Warrior Hogan and Rhodes then maybe its time to separate the two groups

i believe in the NWAs heyday they had a short lived belt, the Super Heavyweight title, the concept alone really is just overdoing it but maybe in todays landscape it could create a separation from what public sees as the best and what the pure wrestling fans consider the best

The world heavyweight division,
for the best wrestlers in the world like Morrison Shelton Michaels CM Punk Bryan and MVP

and The Super-heavyweight Division ,
for all the charismatic larger than life cultural giants like Undertaker Cena Trips Sheamus Big Show and Khali

as long as the mainstream public gets tricked into believing that the latter is the main division, they get what they paid for whilst separating them from the guys that we the long time fans can point to and say, this is why i am glad to be a wresting fan

that way everyone goes home happy theoretically

what do you think?

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Don't we have two heavyweight divisions? WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
I'm assuming that both of these divisions would have their own championships, and if that's the case, then it doesn't work because then the world heavyweight division would essentially be another mid card title.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
There are no weight classes in wrestling.

Having a superweight division would only dilute the other titles.

·
Banned
417 Posts
since guys like shelton Matt Hardy and Morrison would make the main title look bad when pairing them up to giants from the past like Warrior Hogan and Rhodes then maybe its time to separate the two groups

i believe in the NWAs heyday they had a short lived belt, the Super Heavyweight title, the concept alone really is just overdoing it but maybe in todays landscape it could create a separation from what public sees as the best and what the pure wrestling fans consider the best

The world heavyweight division,
for the best wrestlers in the world like Morrison Shelton Michaels CM Punk Bryan and MVP

and The Super-heavyweight Division ,
for all the charismatic larger than life cultural giants like Undertaker Cena Trips Sheamus Big Show and Khali

as long as the mainstream public gets tricked into believing that the latter is the main division, they get what they paid for whilst separating them from the guys that we the long time fans can point to and say, this is why i am glad to be a wresting fan

that way everyone goes home happy theoretically

what do you think?
Unbelievably stupid idea. And do you even know what Super-Heavyweight means? It means heavier than Heavyweight. So you'd have to have actual weight classes. Plus, how would they market it? Would they say the guys fighting for your "Superheavyweight" title are lesser wrestlers than the others? Because that's what it sounds like you want.

·
Registered
241 Posts
There are no weight classes in wrestling.
There are. Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan has them. They have the GHC Heavyweight Title and the GHC Junior Heavyweight Title. Also, they have the GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Championships and the GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships.

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,101 Posts
There are. Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan has them. They have the GHC Heavyweight Title and the GHC Junior Heavyweight Title. Also, they have the GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Championships and the GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships.
I assume he was referring to mainstream North American wrestling, the whole junior heavyweight thing wouldn't work out in America

·
Registered
147 Posts
Stopped reading there...have you seen a warrior or hogan match?
This ^ X1000

"He's going for the gorilla pre...well he was. He seems to have dropped him...in front of him. Oh and he's going for the splash! And he....misses? And lands knees first on his head!"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts