Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Two and a Half Men" had its most-watched episode ever Monday -- without Charlie Sheen.

The sitcom drew 27.8 million total viewers to its Season 9 premiere, which introduced Ashton Kutcher as Sheen's replacement, according to early data from Nielsen.

It was the best number ever for "Men," which suffered a shortened eighth season earlier this year after producers fired Sheen, who had engaged in a public war of words with his bosses. In fact, viewing was so high for "Men," it put a noticeable dent in the ratings for ABC's season premiere of "Dancing With the Stars," which averaged 18.6 million for the night. The two-hour "Dancing" was strong enough to power ABC to a win for the night in viewers, however, thanks in no small part to curiosity over the introduction of Chaz Bono, the series' first transgender contestant.

Kutcher was introduced mid-episode in "Men" as Walden Schmidt, a lovelorn Internet billionaire who had tried to commit suicide by walking into the ocean near the Malibu beach house once owned by Charlie Harper (Sheen). The episode's opening revealed that Harper had died after a girlfriend had learned of his infidelity and, it was assumed, pushed him in front of an oncoming train.

In the adults-age-18-to-49 demographic often sought by advertisers, "Men" delivered a gigantic 10.3 rating/24 share.

"Men" delivered a powerful lead-in to a new CBS sitcom, "Two Broke Girls," which averaged 19.2 million viewers.

The first night of the season proved bruising for NBC. Its new 10 p.m. drama, "The Playboy Club," bombed with barely 5 million viewers. But that show's two-hour lead-in, "The Sing-Off," didn't fare much better, with a 5.2 million average.
- LA Times

In before people bitch about ratings this week after one of the best RAW's we've had in a long time.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Why are people watching it? They should thank Sheen, but that's not how the game works.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Whoa. That's sure to make a dent on everything that was on last night. It's a shame too because Raw was great. Hopefully they don't hit the panic button.

EDIT - Forgot to add that 27.8 million people tuning in for Ashton Kutcher hurt me a little inside. WTF is it with this guy? He's got like a bazillion twitter followers too. I don't get it.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I know its irrelevant to this forum, but series 9 of 2 1/2 men has a premise that just screams "jumping the shark"

Also as long as Cena is shifting T-shirts, they wont worry greatly about the ratings.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
sign charlie sheen to a contract

get ratings
Sadly theres no hope of that happening while Linda is running for political office. It would be bloody hilarious if they did hire him though, her campaign opponents wouldnt know where to begin with their anti-Linda videos.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They killed off Sheen's character?

:lmao

Feel that burn Sheen
Sheen is about to settle with Warner Bros. for over $100 million :lmao he really is always winning.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
Whoa. That's sure to make a dent on everything that was on last night. It's a shame too because Raw was great. Hopefully they don't hit the panic button.

EDIT - Forgot to add that 27.8 million people tuning in for Ashton Kutcher hurt me a little inside. WTF is it with this guy? He's got like a bazillion twitter followers too. I don't get it.
Starbuck, change that to 27.8 million FEMALES and it makes much more sense.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Starbuck, change that to 27.8 million FEMALES and it makes much more sense.
Slow down there, if the appearance of Jenna Elfman was advertised in advance then plenty of guys would happily have tuned in.

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
Sheen is about to settle with Warner Bros. for over $100 million :lmao he really is always winning.
Yep.

Sheen's probably like 'FUCK YOU ALL! I'M GETTING "PAID", SUCKAS!'

And is laughing all the way to the bank.

100 million? (about 80 mil after taxes) Damn. He WON, period.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I guess that i should add this to the mix....

Last night's 10pm Roast of Charlie Sheen on Comedy Central scored 6.426 million viewers. It was the biggest "roast" event ever on Comedy Central (the David Hasselhoff and Donald Trump roasts each averaged around 3.5 million viewers). It scored a 3.8 national rating with adults 18-49, doubling the 1.9 rating the Trump and Hasselhoff roasts garnered. - soruce TV by the numbers

Guess the WWE should look to sign Charlie Sheen to a contract.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts