Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With so many spam 'rants' I guess I might as well make an actual rant.

Anyway, anyone else get the TVGuide Channel? That has to be the worst idea ever. I guess I'll explain it anyway. The top 'half' (probably around 60% of the screen) has the actual TVGuide Channel, while the bottom 'half' has the television listings. Why does this channel suck?

The top part constantly plays the same, repetitive stuff over and over. It's annoying. They are still talking about Spider-Man 2, which is fine, but considering they started like 2 and a half months ago, they should let it go. They don't get much new content. Like TVTalk -- where they sit down and talk to two celebrities. They have like 5 different TVTalks they play all through the wek, like 3 times a day or whatever. But what really sucks about this channel is that its top half makes the below -- where the TV listings are -- part small. How small? They can only list 2 and a half channels at a time slow. Plus, it takes like 3 minutes for it to go through one time, which IMO is slow. They are just one big ad. They have commercials like every 5 minutes, and after 2A.M. they start airing paid advertising until 11A.M. in the morning, and the ads are ALWAYS the same thing. (Not like people watch them anyway, I guess.)

They also show a 3 day forecast. That's good and all, but they are wrong too often. Jacksonville is supposed to rain all week but it didnt rain Sunday or Monday, though it looks like it's about to pour down now...

So fuck TVGuide Channel. I just use their site.

o

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
I used to have it when I had cable but then we switched over to satalite which was a bad idea.

Anyway yeah it was annoying and I hated it.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Switching to satalite was indeed a bad idea. Satellite would probably have been more beneficial...

But yeah, it kind of makes me grateful to be in the UK with a pitiful four channels.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
In Canada [or atleast were I live] we have...well ours dosen't really have a name, or atleast I don't know the name. I just call it "Channel 2." Hence it's on channel two.

It has about 60% channel guide stuff and 40% adds. It probably has less percentage adds due to them advertising local stuff. Did you know you can adopt a street? Yah, well you can! You can also forget that razor and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Kathy Wiggons she's 40 today.

I'd say it only takes about a minute to do a full rotation. That's 200% quicker. Then again it only shows you what's on for the next hour and a half. That's a problem. What if you don't see somthing good on that's in two hours and you leave and miss that good show. The pain in that.

It also plays this horrible music from WARM 104.9 but without people talking and adds just songs and saying the station your on. It also just has the instrumentals. I guess that's so you can hum along.

Hope your channel viewing guide channel is better than ours and his and his.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Mine is split vertically down the middle. On the left side, we get what's on TV, and the right side are commercials and ads for local businesses, PPVs, and movies.

·
Banned
10,502 Posts
I cant afford to have HBO or Showtime. :(

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
We've got this little magazines. Most of them are boring. But the Veronice guide is quite cool (hot chicks).

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
D-Man said:
Mine is split vertically down the middle. On the left side, we get what's on TV, and the right side are commercials and ads for local businesses, PPVs, and movies.
What he said. (<3 for my canadian counterpart)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sounds like it'd suck...? How does it work? Like, how long does your guide show ahead? TVGuide's is 1 hour and a half.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
I have digital cable, but I still get the stupid ass TVGuide Channel. I never go to channel 99, because that's where it lives.

Lee, you got Bright House?

·
Banned
10,502 Posts
I Stop my Subscription of my TV Guide Magazine. I dont Read them most of the time. and dont have time to look at it.....

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Nitemare said:
That sounds like it'd suck...? How does it work? Like, how long does your guide show ahead? TVGuide's is 1 hour and a half.
Behold the TV Guide Channel of Southern Ontario:

I just took that a few minutes ago. If the time is 15 minutes after the start of the hour/mid hour, we get the program that is currently airing. If it's more than 15 minutes past the start of the hour/mid hour, we get what is airing next.

When all the channels are done cycling, they show movies that air over then next 3 hours or so, then sports airing over the next 3 hours or so.

And behold what I had to do to get that station showing on my computer. (The cable was all split, so I had to fix it.)

YEAH! That deserves some negative reputation.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Weird, over here channel 14 is MuchMusic. :)
And yeah, same channel look and everything. Just different commercials on the right. And Nitemare, mine usually shows stuff a half an hour to an hour from now. Not much of a jump ahead. But then again, most people have digital cable or satellite, so they can just use the guide to see what's on. Much better. The only time I use channel 4 is when I need to know the time in my room when I'm setting the clock or something.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
That one here is Channel 5 for us.

As far as MuchMusic goes, it's 22 for us. The Channel 14 here is for Hamilton's local channel, the crappiest one, where they show dates for gay ass meetings at places like bingo halls and old age homes.

·
The Old Man
2,046 Posts
I don't understand what the requirement is for a tv guige?
The very nature of requiring such infers a possibility of watchable tv, to then be sought out...& we all know the sport channels are all consecutive numbers, & we all know that real men flick...problem solved.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
On sky digital in the UK, we just press a button and the listings for each channel(about 700 I guess) is there, there's about 30 channels with the next 2 hours of programming shown per page, you can scroll down by channel or by page of 30 channels, and you can skip ahead about 5 days into their programming to check what's on too.

I love sky digital.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts