Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 803 Posts

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,101 Posts
Finished this show months ago & still think about it :sodone I might need to re-watch it again at some point. It's got to be one of my all time favourite mini series.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts
Finished this show months ago & still think about it :sodone I might need to re-watch it again at some point. It's got to be one of my all time favourite mini series.

I just finished that a month ago. Watched it all over the course of about five nights.

It is an exquisite examination of the present U.S. criminal justice system, warts and all.

John Turturro and Bill Camp give extraordinary, genuinely special performances. They levitated through the entire saga. Riz Ahmed was vitally vulnerable as the defendant, too, and of course Michael K. Williams remains ever-dependable in a critical supporting part.

And yet... That cat may have stolen the whole show. :mj2 :lol

Reactions: The Fourth Wall

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
Anything specific?
The tit monsters, the ones that grew out of a woman's tits and started eating people, just as my wife walked in too.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
The tit monsters, the ones that grew out of a woman's tits and started eating people, just as my wife walked in too.
Oh that. Thats there because its fucked up and disturbing.

Reactions: Draykorinee

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Almost on S7 of Shameless and I have just now realized how shitty this show is in terms of booking. It is still an entertaining show but some of the things they do make some of the characters unlikeable as hell. Like 90% of the charecters on here are either dumb or assholes (or both).

·
SELF CONTROL.
5,479 Posts
Binged Freaks and Geeks the other day. Holy shit, I fell in love with it. Where has it been all my life and why was it canned after only one season?

"Oh, hi Cindy".

:eek:

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Just watched the first episode of Black Lightning. It is like they played a game to see how many times they could get could the word "black" in, in forty minutes. It is a shame as the show has some good set up and production values but I just got so fed up of BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK

·
14,101 Posts
Just watched the first episode of Black Lightning. It is like they played a game to see how many times they could get could the word "black" in, in forty minutes. It is a shame as the show has some good set up and production values but I just got so fed up of BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK
I watched it as well, not sure how I feel about it. This is the first CW Superhero show I've watched, and it feels very cringe worthy. The dialogue bothers me, it's like they are trying way too hard to be current & hip. Maybe this kind of show & dialogue just isn't for me, I think I prefer the Netflix style.

I'll check out Episode 2 on Tuesday to see how I feel about it, as I thought the first episode was enjoyable enough.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
So Netflix UK have been heavily pushing me toward that Van Helsing show and it seems to have good buzz online but I just watched the first episode and it was so... boring. It felt really cheaply made and amateurish all round as well. Does it really get better? If so, when? Because if not soon, I’m not sure I want to bother sticking around.

·
40,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
American Vandal

not funny and a waste of time. this was after about 10 minutes. if i'm not hooked by then the show failed and fuck it. though i did give Mrs. Maisel another shot and it turned out pretty good.

I think the main issue is the child like narrator. He sounds 15. If they had gotten a more serious sounding voice it might have been funnier. But maybe they tried that and it just sucked because the entire thing sucks. After about 10 minutes I checked to see how many episodes there are. There are 8 fucking episodes. That's like 7-8 hours of this unfunny bullshit.

·
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
5,431 Posts
Been watching a few series lately. Recommended:

Dark (Netflix). Perplexing, yet gripping, horror filled
time travelling
based madness which takes you on a massive clue hunt. It's FULL of mystery and cliffhangers, particularly in the season finale. NOT for those who are easily confused *cough* simple minded *cough*. Don't buy into the lazy stranger things comparisons :no: It's closer to Lost in style overall, although we all know how that ended, so let's hope the similarities end there :damnyou.

The end of the fucking world (All 4, Netflix). I actually saw this through ch4 uk before it hit Netflix because I'm so on the pulse :quite but regardless, watch this however you can. Bite size episodes of insane tomfoolery which make you root for a dispicable potential psychopath and a tear away with daddy issues, oddly enough. Very funny, yet quite touching.

The Oa (Netflix). I actually started watching this about a year ago but gave up 30 minutes in and found other distractions. Picked it up again recently and didn't regret it at all. If anything I'm glad I waited so long, because viewing the final episode without hearing of a confirmed season 2 (which has only recently been announced) for so long would have left me piiisssed. The theme here is "patience is a virtue". A very detailed sci-fi plot, with loads of backstory and an utterly haunting main set that becomes apparent a few episodes in. Lots of death, or is there? I won't give away any more than that. Very gripping from the final 10 minutes of episode 1 onwards.

Btw, I watched it ages ago, but how good was Vice Princapals Season 2?

:banderas

·
14,101 Posts
Finally finished both Seasons of Travelers on Netflix. What a great show. Is up there with my favourites from what I've watched on Netflix. Didn't find a single episode boring. Just really enjoyed the characters & the premise.

Have they announced a Season 3? Because I'm going to be all over that shit if so.

I hate finishing a show because I just feel lost :mj2

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
This has been a really enjoyable season of The Magicians. I've enjoyed watching the show in general, but this is the first season I would recommend without any reservation or pause. It's just been really good.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Black Lightning is shit tbh. I posted why in the Black Lightning thread.
Yeah just watched that second episode with its Power Rangers production quality and played straight parody of blaxploitation, it is really quite terrible.

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
Watching The Mantis (La Mante) mini series on Netflix. Pretty good stuff. It's a must-watch if you love Silence of the Lambs and Seven because this show borrows so many cues from those movies.

It's mature and dark but sometimes some of the events are a bit sensationalized and overdramatised for effect when they didn't need to be, but then again Silence of the Lambs also has that problem. As far as serial killer shows this is one of the better ones out there IMO. Not quite on the level of Forbrydelsen and Bron/Broen, but easier to digest as a casual watch without turning into highly implausible made-for-broadcast drivel like Hannibal did.

·
14,101 Posts
Luther with Idris Elba is fucking great stuff. I never got around to watching it despite being a big fan of crime dramas. Watched the first two episodes. So gritty, and with such a great lead actor. Just feels so fresh.

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
Luther with Idris Elba is fucking great stuff. I never got around to watching it despite being a big fan of crime dramas. Watched the first two episodes. So gritty, and with such a great lead actor. Just feels so fresh.
I never watched that ether. I'm very picky about crime dramas. The grittier and more realistic-feeling the better. If I detect too many cliches and common television tropes I usually tune out. That's why I had a hard time with Dexter despite being interestingly stylized, or that show with Kevin Bacon I'm forgetting the name of. I watched 15 minutes of Luther and it came across as very "Americanized" (can't find a better word to describe it), same with the aforementioned Hannibal. Shows that aim to entertain a mass audience rather than being designed to provoke and make you think. Maybe I'm way off about Luther because I didn't give it much of a chance. I do enjoy Idris Elba's work, especially on The Wire. Maybe I'll check out more eventually.

141 - 160 of 803 Posts