Wrestling Forum banner

801 - 803 of 803 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,974 Posts
Near the end of Xena: Warrior Princess.

After the trash fire that was the Twilight of the Gods storyline and now with the Beowulf/Ring Cycle flashbacks I'm starting to want her to pay dearly for her fuck-ups.

Also, Eve is insufferable. How can someone go from so irredeemably evil to so obnoxiously self righteous in so little time? I savour the scenes without her.

Then of course there's Vikings being around for the reign of Emperor Augustus but I guess that comes with the historical fantasy territory.
Yeah, latter era Xena was kind of hard to sit through.
I just started rewatching Xena!

The whole series is up on SyFy's website, so I'm blasting through season 1 at the moment.

If memory serves me right, Xena is an overall better series than Hercules which much higher highs, but also much lower lows when you get into the later seasons when everything kind of came upglued.

Still though, it was the shit there for a few seasons.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,088 Posts
I just started rewatching Xena!

The whole series is up on SyFy's website, so I'm blasting through season 1 at the moment.

If memory serves me right, Xena is an overall better series than Hercules which much higher highs, but also much lower lows when you get into the later seasons when everything kind of came upglued.

Still though, it was the shit there for a few seasons.
To put it simply, I'd say Hercules tends to play with mythology while Xena plays with history and overall Herc has a lighter tone but is also more consistent while Xena will have death, death and more death in one episode and then a big slapstick pie fight in another. Case in point, imo the most gripping, dramatic moment in the show (
Gabrielle's daughter murdering Xena's son causing their very serious falling out in which Xena attempts to kill Gabrielle in revenge
) is followed by... a bizarre, whimsical musical episode where they become buddies again - one of most baffling decisions I've ever seen from any show.
You could maybe say Hercules is Marvel, Xena is DC? XD

·
Premium Member
17,098 Posts
If you haven't yet, What We Do in the Shadows is the best thing on FX. It's on Hulu, too. Sadly, only 2 short seasons, renewed for a 3rd right when Corona struck.

801 - 803 of 803 Posts