Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 803 Posts

·
40,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #181 (Edited)
Wheel of Time and Dark Tower are so expensive. I think they'll cost more than GoT. GRRM's world is low magic. The supernatural things are important but aside from the dragons they aren't in your face.

Wheel of Time has overtly incredibly powerful magic. This is really hard to make not look terrible if you don't spend a ton. I guess the first book isn't big time with magic, but books after it, the magic ramps up quickly.

Dark Tower is low magic too, but there are some sequences that are very fantastical. Again though, the first book is pretty much just a freaky western, so it might not cost that much starting out. I guess if neither gain traction they could just cancel it, but at the same time Amazon has the deepest pockets of them all.

I could see a world where Wheel of Time and Dark Tower are expertly done and these two behemoths put Amazon right smack in the middle of this game of world domination. Lords of the Rings and Conan too of course.

Oh yeah and Amazon has that Refn series.

What else is Netflix doing besides The Witcher? 13 Reasons Why season 2 etc? lol

HBO is being left in the dust btw.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
God, that takes me back to those glorious Saturday mornings where there use to be so many cool cartoons on TV. Those were good times :lenny

I still mark out for the intro.....

:mark::trips9:mark:
I wasn't talking about the cartoon. That was good for what it was. I was talking about the live action series.

·
40,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Conan is never done right. The only time it was awesome was Conan the Barbarian. Arnold wasn't even really a great Conan either, though the movie is great.

Not sure why we think it'll be great this time, but I hope it is.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,101 Posts

Rewatching Bottom on Netflix.

This show will never get old. :sodone Rik Mayall was a comedic genius. The timing & his facial expressions were always so on point. Slapstick done right IMO.

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
I've been watching the Santa Clarita Diet (Netflix) over the past couple days and I like it. It's incredibly silly but very enjoyable. Timothy Olyphant also seems to age like a fine wine, he's even more dreamier now that he's got salt & pepper hair :lenny

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Anyone watched that Ghost Wars show on Netflix? I just watched the first episode and it is so amateurish I couldn't tell if I was watching a legitimate production or some kind of webseries made by a kid in film school

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
Really wanting to get into one of these Scandi-Noir television shows, but there's so many and they all have a similar premise of detectives chasing a serial killer. After a while the concept runs it's course no matter how great these shows supposedly are.

I might just start Utopia, that UK series on Channel 4 that came out a couple of years ago. I keep hearing great things about it.

·
40,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
@2 Ton 21 @MrMister @DesolationRow

:mark::mark::mark:

EDIT - @2 Ton 21 @MrMister @DesolationRow

@2 Ton 21

:MAD:fuckthis:tenay
I have no clue what this is about but I also feel I've seen it.

Also what is the Paramount Network?

oh it's the artist formerly known as Spike. Well they're starting the rebranding with a big show so there's that.

·
40,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #195 (Edited)
That episode has Rachel Brosnahan's tits (censored in that YT version by the way). It's the best part of the entire first season. It's a struggle at times, but Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is pretty good overall. Rachel is great in it no question, but she's great in everything. Rachel and Alex Borstein are especially great together. Their chemistry and character interactions are by far the best thing about this thing. And then there's Tony Shalhoub who is, as always, outstanding as Midge's dad. One thing I didn't like early on was how Midge was portrayed as perfect with bad things happening to her through no fault of her own. But as it goes on, it's shown she has a self-destructiveness to her that isn't overtly apparent at first. I'm glad I stuck with it to see this in her character arc.

It's not saying much since Amazon isn't good right now, but I'd say MMM is one of their best shows, perhaps their best.

·
14,101 Posts
I swear the show Riverdale has the most annoying & detestable fictional parents of any TV show. It honestly makes my blood boil trying to watch it. :lol I think it's a pretty solid show, but there's some things that really bother me about it. Still, I don't usually enjoy these teen drama CW shows, they can be quite cringe worthy, but this has been enjoyable with good production value. The only one that is even remotely decent of a human being is Archie's dad.

·
Still searching
4,391 Posts
I swear the show Riverdale has the most annoying & detestable fictional parents of any TV show. It honestly makes my blood boil trying to watch it. :lol I think it's a pretty solid show, but there's some things that really bother me about it. Still, I don't usually enjoy these teen drama CW shows, they can be quite cringe worthy, but this has been enjoyable with good production value. The only one that is even remotely decent of a human being is Archie's dad.
I could do with it being a little less "Tumblr: The Show" at times but it's always a fun watch.

Jughead's Dad is a bit of a fuckup but he's trying. Also there are probably some minor characters whose parents are perfectly nice folk who never get any screentime because they're not murdering/conspiring on a daily basis. Mr and Mrs Klump are probably lovely.

·
14,101 Posts
I could do with it being a little less "Tumblr: The Show" at times but it's always a fun watch.

Jughead's Dad is a bit of a fuckup but he's trying. Also there are probably some minor characters whose parents are perfectly nice folk who never get any screentime because they're not murdering/conspiring on a daily basis. Mr and Mrs Klump are probably lovely.
The only thing I think of when I see Jug's Dad is Billy from Scream.

Same with Hal and White Chicks. :lmao

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
Have any of my American buddies been watching the second season of Atlanta (FX)?

BTW I watched that Steven Soderbergh limited series Mosiac (HBO) it was a little meh if I am being honest. Definitely a step down from the excellence of The Knick (Cinemax) IMO.

181 - 200 of 803 Posts