Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are some tv series where you've seen most or all of the episodes many times each and it took you a very long time to get tired of them, if you ever got tired of them at all?

What are some tv series where you liked most of the episodes the first time you watched them, but after you saw most of the episodes only a few times you got tired of them?

I watched Seinfeld when it was in prime time and watched it regularly in reruns for like 15 years afterwards. I'm tired of it now, but for a long time I could watch those same episodes over and over and they still felt fresh. Same thing with The Fresh Prince Of Belair. I've seen every episode of King of Queens many times but I still enjoy it.

I used to watch reruns of Welcome Back Kotter, and most episodes are great the first time you watch them, but after you watch an episode once you don't want to see it again for a long time. There's a reason it didn't do that well in syndication and MeTV stopped airing reruns after a relatively short time.

I also feel Family Guy doesn't have good replay value. When I watch an episode for the first time, it's hilarious. But the next time I watch it it's considerably less entertaining, and after a few times I never want to watch that episode again.,

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have literally gone through the entire series of The Office at least 30 times and I'm still not sick of it one bit. Somehow it remains hilarious and it is such an easy watch. Usually comedies are the only ones I can watch repeatedly. Breaking Bad was one of the greatest TV series I've ever seen but I'm not really interested in watching it again. I'm the same way with movies, I don't tend to watch them more than once. Unless they are like Inception and get better each watch because they make more sense.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Family matters,fresh prince of bel air,news radio,the office,hey arnold,doug,rockos modern life.....all stuff I can watch over and over

Game of thrones was a favorite of mine until the final season when they gave that terrible ending it just ruined my ability to watch it now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Wire actually improves as a series every time you watch it. It has such depth as a show....

Friends has incredible re-watchability too.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've watched The Sopranos and the Wire over loads of times since I first saw them. I imagine I'll keep watching Games of Thrones aswell.

There's been stuff I've enjoyed 1 season of, like Modern Family, just after that I had no inclination to watch it again after that. I know it was still on until recently. Then there was stuff like Banshee, which I watched from start to finish once and enjoyed but I couldn't summon to enthusiasm to watch again now that I know what happens. The Wire, you can know what happens but still enjoy the story and the acting, Banshee didn't have that but was an entertaining ride while it lasted.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I could probably watch both Avatar: Legend of Aang and Legend of Korra over and over without getting bored of them tbh (especially TLOA). Same with Seinfeld, as well as most of Frasier (up until Daphne’s family turns up) and Friends (apart from the Emily episodes).

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,912 Posts
Brooklyn 99
Community
Game of Thrones seasons 1-6
New Girl s1-4
Doom Patrol
Young Justice

I absolutely can't rewatch
Breaking Bad
GOT s7 and 8
How I Met Your Mother

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Shows to rewatch countless times:

Friends, That 70's show, Community, Game of Thrones (all seasons f u haters), Spiderman the animated series, Rurouni Kenshin, Arrow S1 and S2, How I met your mother S1-S3, Agents of Shield S4.

Shows that got tired of after rewatching:
The Flash, Procedurals like CSI, NCIS, 24, Buffy, Suits, Marvel netflix shows.

Most sitcoms have high rewatch value for me if I liked it the first time. Just easy to digest for a binge I guess.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,912 Posts
Shows to rewatch countless times:

Friends, That 70's show, Community, Game of Thrones (all seasons f u haters), Spiderman the animated series, Rurouni Kenshin, Arrow S1 and S2, How I met your mother S1-S3, Agents of Shield S4.

Shows that got tired of after rewatching:
The Flash, Procedurals like CSI, NCIS, 24, Buffy, Suits, Marvel netflix shows.

Most sitcoms have high rewatch value for me if I liked it the first time. Just easy to digest for a binge I guess.
You can rewatch s8 of GOT? What are you, a masochist?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Most rewatchable:
MadTV
South Park (up to season 10 or so)
The State
Oz
The Sopranos
Band of Brothers
Family Guy (first few seasons)
Aqua Teen Hungerforce
In Living Color

Least rewatchable:
Breaking Bad (liked it the first time although I thought it was way over-praised. Couldn't sit through it again)
Sons of Anarchy
Countless others...

·
Registered
12,680 Posts
Game of thrones was a favorite of mine until the final season when they gave that terrible ending it just ruined my ability to watch it now.
Beat me to it.

Before that final season I could, and had, watch GoT over and over... but that final season, along with chunks of the previous, just killed any rewatchability the show had. Killed the show's whole legacy really.

Shame.

It's gotta be one of the worst collapses in all of fiction.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Beat me to it.

Before that final season I could, and had, watch GoT over and over... but that final season, along with chunks of the previous, just killed any rewatchability the show had. Killed the show's whole legacy really.

Shame.

It's gotta be one of the worst collapses in all of fiction.

If I remember correctly the last season a different crew was hired and so the character and story progression was thrown out the window in favor of just getting an ending done.

The final season absolutely killed what was one of the best shows ever on tv....

I literally have no interest ever watching a show I once could not get enough of....

Goddamn Shame cheers bro!

·
Registered
12,680 Posts
If I remember correctly the last season a different crew was hired and so the character and story progression was thrown out the window in favor of just getting an ending done.
A lot of the crew was the same.

It's just the head writers, Dumb & Dumber, phoned the whole thing in.

Beyond that the last two seasons show what hacks they really are. The moment the ran out of source material to cut and paste they couldn't write a single line of component dialogue, never mind an entire show.

On the bright side all the offers Dumb and Dumber were rescinded and, if we're lucky, we'll never see or hear from them again, except as a punchline or an example of what not to do.

·
An Undisputed Goddess
4,130 Posts
Married with Children and South Park are timeless shows and 2 of the best shows of all time. Also Al Bundy imo is the best tv sitcom character of all time.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,193 Posts
Show that I can and have rewatched:

Sopranos
Beverly Hills, 90210 (that's right, come at me)
Friends
Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Frasier
Boy Meets World
Wonder Years

Shows that I can't rewatch anymore:

Law & Order: SVU (Got waaaay too formulaic and hasn't been the same since Stabler left)
NCIS (Also hasn't been the same since Tony and Ziva left)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts