Wrestling Forum banner

Turns that could help current talent

2275 Views 24 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  777
I think we all know that throughout wrestling there are stars, and then there are stars and an important step from moving from the former to the latter is a turn.

Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan (face turn back in the eighties), Stone Cold, the Rock, John Cena, these wrestlers moved from mid-card talents that were either spectacular face wrestlers that blew on the mic or excellent mic worker heels that were average in the ring to huge main event wrestlers with a simple turn.

I'm asking you this, what current wrestler would benefit from a turn and why?
Reactions: -SAW-
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
5,005 Posts
Christian: works better as a heel and it would separate himself from Edge's shadow.

Justin Gabriel: his skill set is fan friendly. He already stands out more than any member of The Corre/Nexus because of it

Daniel Bryan: a serious edge to his character would be beneficial to his style. Playing a "crippler" like character was solidify him.

· Registered
2,588 Posts
John Cena is the easy answer. Babyface draw who is popular with kids and ladies, but the character is stale as f**k!

Agree on Bryan. He would be more over had they not fired him and brought him back as a heel.

Sheamus may as well turn face, fella.

A heelish character would give David Hart Smith something to work with.

· Banned
311 Posts
While many may disagree with this, the Miz will eventually have to be turned into a face if WWE truly wants him to become a star. For the time being, he's doing fine as a heel, but after about 6-8 months after, he needs to switch. Look at the pattern, all huge names in WWE history gainined main event status as heels and then went on to become main stream stars when they turned face.

· Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
About Miz, I have to agree, I'm going to say that he's the next Rock or Piper, but he fits their role of "Lovable Smartass" that Mr. Anderson tries so hard (and fails) to achieve.

Miz has charisma, and I imagine "his worked his entire life to get to WWE" gimmick could work out, I just hope they don't completely defang him like they did with Cena. Make him a guy with a big mouth and an ego, but he tries to do the right thing and he loves wrestling. Honestly if he stopped cheating and he won clean I doubt he'd have to do anything else beyond stop insulting the audience outright to get over as a face.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
Ted DiBiase. Some wrestlers are just born to be a babyface, and i believe he's one of them.

· Registered
245 Posts
John Morrison should be given a heel run as he was miles better as a heel back in ECW.
Justin Gabriel could be a likeable face and could boost him into IC/US level.
Daniel Bryan could go into a vicious heel angle and begin injuring superstars with his submissions.
Christian going heel needs to happen as he has no edginess what-so-ever as a face.

· Registered
1,255 Posts
John Cena is the easy answer. Babyface draw who is popular with kids and ladies, but the character is stale as f**k!

Agree on Bryan. He would be more over had they not fired him and brought him back as a heel.

Sheamus may as well turn face, fella.

A heelish character would give David Hart Smith something to work with.
Daniel Bryan and Sheamus are fine as their respective face/heel stance. The issue is WWE's horrible, idiotic booking.

· Registered
1,737 Posts
Justin Gabriel - Face (Even as heel the crowd love the 450 splash, him turning on Barrett would be a good move for him and immediately make him a fan favourite)

Daniel Bryan - Heel (I still think he struggles with personality, though he did deliver in my opinion the best promo of the year when he was eliminated from NXT, and for me that promo was delivered as a heel (though he attacked Cole), this is the kind of character he should have he should be a bad ass, who rarely talks, who is a cold character who stretches and pummels his opponents and shows no remorse.)

William Regal - Face (team him with Santino and Kozlov, as regal is a great comedy character who can still deliver in the ring)

DH Smith - Heel (put him back with Tyson Kidd, and have them lay into the crowd for not showing them the respect that their family deserve,(I know tyson not technically family)

Big Show - Heel (I hate his happy go lucky cheerful character, he's huge, make him a monster, it does not look right Edge spearing him or Mysterio doing moves on him.)

· Registered
1,065 Posts
Turn Heel: Nobody, we already have enough.

Turn Face: Drew Mac, everyone is waiting for it, sort of like Orton's

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Backstage heel turn.

As in Vincent Kennedy McMahon firing ALL of creative.
That would definitely get Vince over with the IWC.

Morrison, Danielson to heel. I think Santino should turn, too, so he can be taken seriously.

Gabriel, DiBiase, Ryder to face.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.