Wrestling Forum banner

Turning Jack Swagger face will save his career

4947 32
i think he would make a good face his whole all American American gimmick has could really get over as a face gimmick it will surely push him onto more world titles .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
I want to see more title reigns in the future for Swagger but his booking has been so horrible. I don't think a face turn this soon is the best idea, however the WWE is desperate for new faces. I'd keep him heel; and perhaps involved in a major feud where he doesn't get beat every week, and build him back up.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,166 Posts
I don't see why he needs to change. He annoys people when he cuts promos, what more do you want from him?
He's just basically Kurt Angle 2.0, except an extremely less talented version.

Angle would brag about his gold medals.
Swagger brags about his amateur career and all the shit he's done in sports.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
He obviously will become a world champion again at some point in the future so i don't see why his career needs to get saved, he's slowly building his way up to the top and rightfully so, he's gonna be fine.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Swagger's reign as champ just shows that the WWE not only is high on him, but believes in him also. This reign was almost as a test run of sorts. If he had done a perfect job, and the bookers had booked him perfectly, then he would still be in the main event. However, he did not do a perfect job, and the booking was horrible. Just because Swagger wasn't perfect does not mean that he is not good. He just needs to be build up a little bit more, working on his promos. I also think that he needs to be built up as a credible heel. A guy with his size and accomplishments should not be cowardly. He would be great if people hated him for his personality, not his cowardice. As you can see by my sig and avatar, I am a huge Jack Swagger mark. I see him as a guy with huge potential to be a major star in the future, just not now.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
jack swagger is a mess booking-wise, they got rid of the goofy persona so abruptly, no one bought the serious swagger when he appeared, that hurt him a lot

a change in booking could save him, i expect his feud with kofi give him some improvement

·
The Great One
910 Posts
I don't see why he needs to change. He annoys people when he cuts promos, what more do you want from him?
He's just basically Kurt Angle 2.0, except an extremely less talented version.

Angle would brag about his gold medals.
Swagger brags about his amateur career and all the shit he's done in sports.
Angle did it in an entertaining way. Swagger, despite his decent wrestling ability, has bored me to new extremes.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Swagger's reign as champ just shows that the WWE not only is high on him, but believes in him also. This reign was almost as a test run of sorts. If he had done a perfect job, and the bookers had booked him perfectly, then he would still be in the main event. However, he did not do a perfect job, and the booking was horrible. Just because Swagger wasn't perfect does not mean that he is not good. He just needs to be build up a little bit more, working on his promos. I also think that he needs to be built up as a credible heel. A guy with his size and accomplishments should not be cowardly. He would be great if people hated him for his personality, not his cowardice. As you can see by my sig and avatar, I am a huge Jack Swagger mark. I see him as a guy with huge potential to be a major star in the future, just not now.
I would have to disagree on Swagger not doing a good job when he was champ. He was very much over, the booking is wat got him, I see nothing that he did wrong. What exactly did he do as champ, he beat Orton clean and everything was good, he was over as a heel, then Big Show essentially squashed him even when Swagger got dq'd to retain and came back with a Chair Swagger still got laid out. This was after weeks of Show making him look bad and him never getting the upper hand. Then he lost in a fatal four way to Rey and then again to a one legged Rey in a singles match. He was never really given a fair chance as Champ, all he did was get beat.

In regards to turning him face,it can work, but i dunno. He has been a heel for as long as i remember, but then again, he hasn't done any major heelish thing and he is on SD were there is barely a face to be seen. I think it wud work better if he were a face on his way up the card. As a heel (Current WWE heel formula) he would spend a lot of time running from opponents and he is one of the bigger guys around, (only Big Show, Khali, Henry, Kane and Taker are bigger than him) he'd end up looking silly and weak. As a face he will at least stand his ground and appear dominant as he should given his size and background. I say why not, his heat has died down since losing the title, they've essentially brought him back to where he was thing time last year so why not

·
Registered
10,981 Posts
Unless a radioactive toxic substance brainwashes all of us, we'll never forget his TERRIBLE World Title reign.

Jack Swagger is really unfortunate. Booking just fucked him in the ass, big time!

I don't know bout a face turn, but a good IC title reign can save his career.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's sad that Swagger seems to be hated so much by many of you bigots simply because he has blond hair and blue eyes but he doesn't have a Jewish nose, too.
Contrast his popularity with Dolph Ziggler who seems to be liked in this forum despite Ziggler sounding and looking more effeminate and having less ability than Swagger and it just boggles my mind.
I'm pretty sure that Swagger is losing week after week on Smackdown because the booker is Jew, Michael Hayes who wears his hair in a pony tail like a b*tch so of course he'll have the blond guy with short hair who can't pass for a Jew lose week after week.
It makes me sick as Swagger should at least be IC champion right now.
His mic skills aren't any worse than Kofi's and I think he's a much better all around performer.

·
Registered
865 Posts
If a face run helps him, Im all for it...I really wanted him to be in the final 4-5 of the rumble or at least eliminate a few guys

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.