Wrestling Forum banner

Turning Daniel Bryan into a "contender"

708 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Mister Hands
As we all know Daniel Bryan is a shadow in WWE right now and that is mostly due to the fact of the creative staff's misdirection of Bryan's character, because of this hes been stuck in the mid cards with the US championship being thrown into random matches with no meaning like the one he had with The Miz last week, and we ALL know how much talent and potential Bryan Danielson really has. So my question is If you were in charge what would you do to his character.. Would you keep it the same? Change it back to his classic American Dragon ROH gimmick...or would you give him a whole new gimmick to start fresh, one that doesent make him look like a complete douche like the NERD gimmick he currently has.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,604 Posts
tbh as much as i like watching his matches i dont see Bryan going further than an upper mid carder i think that a gimmick really has to come naturally in order for it to work the nerd gimmick might not be the best but it is the most natural to Danielson as its lkely the closest to himself .

· Registered
2,515 Posts
Actually, I think its the Raw setting. Pretty much all of the good midcarders (Jack Swagger, Kofi, Cody Rhodes, etc) are over on Smackdown. On Raw he has...Ted Dibiase and now Sheamus (Im actually looking forward to a Sheamus feud). Daniel Bryan shouldnt be pushed to main event yet. He will get burnt out and will turn out to be a flash in the pan just like many other guys in recent year. Slower pushes usually mean longer lasting careers. He is doing fine with the US title. Just give him some feuds.

· Registered
294 Posts
He is doing fine where he is. He is appearing regularly and gets the occasional 8minute+ match. They just need to start giving him some regular 15+ PPV matches and it will build him and the mid-card title and other guys he is facing up, assuming his opponents can also go.

· Registered
995 Posts
Bryan could go the same way as Benoit and Eddie (and I don't mean in death you smart-arses). He will become the best of the midcarders, build-up VERY slowly and finally just nab a world title or two when he gets his chance.

· I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
33,305 Posts
After WM, the WWE should push the youth movement by having more mid-carders like Daniel Bryan having opponents in the main event. I'm not saying Daniel Bryan should get a clean win over Cena, or a win at all, but it wouldn't hurt for them to wrestle for 10 or so minutes with Cena going over but DB looking very strong. I wouldn't mind a tournament ala Gold Rush Tournament where younger guys get to face people they normally don't and putting on good performances.

It's too bad HBK is gone. I bet he would have made DB look like a star.

· Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,092 Posts
After WM, the WWE should push the youth movement by having more mid-carders like Daniel Bryan having opponents in the main event. I'm not saying Daniel Bryan should get a clean win over Cena, or a win at all, but it wouldn't hurt for them to wrestle for 10 or so minutes with Cena going over but DB looking very strong. I wouldn't mind a tournament ala Gold Rush Tournament where younger guys get to face people they normally don't and putting on good performances.

It's too bad HBK is gone. I bet he would have made DB look like a star.
Yeah, I think with all the impending retirements and so many older guys needing regular healing time, WWE could stand to make the main event scene a little more nebulous. Instead of rushing very specific guys to the top, put a load of guys with potential in there, and see who sticks. They sort of tried it with Ziggler, but it's hard to tell if that'll work, or if it just killed Ziggler's momentum for a good while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.