Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Does it matter that they're heel's or faces if they're not getting any TV time???

What I think is holding them back is the Nexus storyline. Nexus has pushed a lot of potential storylines and feuds off the page.

Because Nexus is taking over both shows, people that were getting little TV time like the Dudebusters and pretty much every other Tag Team in the WWE don't get any TV time.

I'm hoping Nexus ends soon, and they cut most of the people that were in the group past and present so more talented guys the Croft and Barretta will get their opportunities.

I've heard people compare them to the Motor City Machine Guns, and I don't really see it. Although, they are good.

3 years ago, the Guns had the same problem with not getting TV time. TNA was patient and stuck with them, and they were patient with TNA, and they finally got their shot.

I don't think the WWE has that kind of patience. They're pretty much in the mode of pushing guys now right away and not being patient enough for guys to mature.

They're also breaking up every tag-team in sight for no reason whatsoever.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
trent barreta is more athletic than shelley and sabin.

trust me, i watched barreta when he was plazma .. he could do sick stuff

and charisma?? lol, barreta has a lot of that ... he also has the look.
Any vids? Their WWE work is nothing like spotfests, more like the usual WWE-Style (which imo isn't very suited for tag team wrestling), never seen big spots from either of the guys.

And well the 2nd statement is an opinion as far as looks is concerned, I don't see much charisma in Baretta though. Potential, who knows but so far nothing special. Not that there's anything wrong with it, he's the same age as me I think so I guess I can give him some time lol.

·
☜ đeadbent ☞
296 Posts
Their look reminds me of the Young Bucks/Generation ME. Look like total douche bags, but sick in the ring.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Thing is, even if you push them to the moon and they win the tag titles...so what? Oh, great, they get the Hart Dynasty treatment and have 47 title defenses against Nexus members and the Usos, all untelevised or on Superstars. Having the Dudebusters (or anyone, really) as tag champs is kinda like getting a choice between a shit sandwich and a glass of piss. One might be a slight upgrade over the other, but neither is really going to be great.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I think they should break up and feud with each other in dark matches and at house shows, culminating with a captivating 3 and a half minute nail biter on Superstars.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I'd personally spilt them up even though they are probably the best tag team at the moment.WWE wants to make more stars ,these two could be stars in my opinion.More so Barretta ,I was really impressed by him during his Fcw days ,he has everything WWE looks for .

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
Maybe they should get a shot at wrestling on a show that isn't Superstars for a change first.

Honestly, I doubt even 1/4 of the casual fans even know they exist. They haven't even been given a shot at being decent heels on any meaningful stage yet. Why turn them face before giving their heel runs a true chance?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
They'll be the Tag Team of the Year in 2011, I predict. 2010 was all about them paying their dues in the wasteland that is the WWE tag team division. WWE has already shown blatant signs of not particularly caring about The Hart Dynasty, and even if HD doesn't split up for good until summer, they'll have to have at least one prominent tag team. Or, maybe by then there won't be any tag team division at all. We'll just get random pairings to hold the Spartan Bronze Mattel Championships to sell more toys. I can see it now: Rey Mysterio and Kaval as Tag Team Champions next spring, followed by Ted DiBiase and Brett DiBiase. Then we'll get much more random. Great Khali and R-Truth. Finally, a glorious heel run of Tyler Reks and Shad Gaspard.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts