Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly, I know this sounds out of the ordinary, but he is a former world champion so that works for him, I guess. No, seriously though this man could be built during the match itself as a "wrestling machine" of some sort. Perhaps he goes on a path of terror during the match, and starts throwing stars over the top. However it wouldn't be one person after the other with seconds in between. It should be gradual.

Lets just say Swagger has been in the match itself for 27 minutes, and during that time I say he eliminates 13 stars. The Rumble itself will host 40 men. Thus, if you take away 10 stars he only gets half that number, but there are still 27 other stars to throw out as well. Maybe he lasts 15 more minutes, and eliminates 4 more stars. That comes to a total of 17 stars. That's nearly half the people in the Rumble. The WWE needs a top face for Smackdown, and I think if booked right this could work out well for Jack.

·
Registered
107 Posts
As being a huge Swagger mark, I'd love for him to win, but I'm not sure I'd like him as a face atm. I like your idea though and no matter how unlikely it is at the moment, I hope he at least looks decent during the rumble. Not going in throwing 1 guy out before Kofi/Mysterio eliminates him while he taunts or something annoying like that.

·
I like me
407 Posts
Jack Swagger couldn't be the top face on Smackdown. Not when they have 2 of the 4 biggest faces in the company (Mysterio and Undertaker) coupled with Edge, and an extremely over Kofi Kingston and there is still Big Show who is really over as a face.

He would be 6th face until retirements take place, it would take him ages just to overthrow one of those 5 as a top face. Before you say it, there is scarcely more room on Raw for him to become a top face too.

Raw's Cena and Orton to Smackdowns Undertaker & Rey Mysterio
Raw's HHH to Smackdowns Edge
Raw's John Morrison to Smackdowns Kofi Kingston
Raw's Mark Henry to Smackdown's Big Show
Raw's Daniel Bryan to Smackdown's Christian
Raw also has Evan Bourne I guess, so maybe he could be the Evan Bourne level face of Smackdown. Not really worth it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
This would be a definite push up the ranks for him, but I'm not sure how eliminating a bunch of guys in the Rumble would turn somebody face. What's done after that is where the turn would happen. Eliminating 17 guys would just be giving him enough credibility to be believable as a main event player, it doesn't give the fans a reason to cheer for him.

If you want him to be a heel, then bring it up and brag about it. If you want him to be face then go the "I eliminated 17 men in the Royal Rumble and I was this close to winning the Royal Rumble and solidifying my place in WWE history.. And that makes me want it so much more." route where he focuses completely on becoming the best competitor he can become and not on his past accomplishments.

Regardless, eliminating 17 guys is a bit overkill. If he were to eliminate one or two solidified wrestlers and three jobbers, that would go a long way in establishing his credibility.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are plenty of ways to make him a "face" during the Royal Rumble match. Perhaps Kane goes on one of his elimination streaks, and lets say he just eliminated 4 stars consecutively. Out comes Swagger, and everyone seems to think he is going over right away. Instead Jack gives Kane a serious run for his money, out wrestles Kane, and throws him over the top.

Hell, maybe while there are others in the ring two members of the Nexus or Corre try, and double team Swagger, and throw him over the top. Instead they fail, and fail miserably. Perhaps he reverses ADR's arm-bar finisher, and taps him out instead. After tapping out ADR, he then throws him over the top. Maybe later in the match ADR comes back, and distracts Swagger trying to get him eliminated, but Swagger turns just to duck out of the way of an attack from behind by Chavo or whomever (it doesn't matter). In the end it would Swagger eliminating both Cena, and Orton. However, at the end it's Orton vs Swagger. I still can't over why Jack walked out of a match with Orton this was months ago. Anyone remember?

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
Swagger as a face just doesn't work for me, they should keep doing what they are with him and slowly move him up, in my opinion he was pushed into the main event to quickly, this time it should be more natural.

·
Registered
374 Posts
this is a joke right? wtf swagger winning becoming a face.... the music plays(no chance in hell)lol i tjink that even carlito has more posibilities to win the thing, even kaval. damm even otunga can botch the thing and win or riley can both the thing and win too if he can mistake a black man he can win by mistake

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Nooooo, don't turn him face, he's an awesome heel, his lines are hilarious when he's heel. No more generic babyface in the roster please.

He ain't gonna win the Royal Rumble, he's getting depushed majorly at the moment. I don't think he should win it either, he should accomplish his current mission taking the IC title off Kofi first, let him crawl to the top from bottom, no more rushed main event push.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Yeah, let's take a giant, smelly bowel movement all over the Royal Rumble's credibility just like we did the MITB and hand it to a guy who's barely credible enough to beat a one legged blind man.

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,111 Posts
I doubt even WWE would make the same mistake twice and have Swagger come out of fucking nowhere and win a giant match. He should be a midcarder at the moment. This is coming from someone who enjoys Swagger's ring work and thinks he was actually funny during his WHC reign.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I doubt even WWE would make the same mistake twice and have Swagger come out of fucking nowhere and win a giant match. He should be a midcarder at the moment. This is coming from someone who enjoys Swagger's ring work and thinks he was actually funny during his WHC reign.
This. Swagger needs to chill in the midcard. His WHC reign was a complete face flop...he needs to be built up like he should have been from the beginning.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts