Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching the match, I think this is the best possible way to save the guy. The Cena-isq push has obviously backfired.

Either heel turn or take the title off him and have him chase the title instead. Otherwise Sheamus is ruined imo, its gonna get worse.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Nah, keep him face since he's definitely proved that he's the next Cena tonight. He's already getting booed by the fans even though he's supposed to be one of the top faces. I wonder how long before he matches Cena in boos.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
It's funny, smarky crowd was cheering Ziggles a lot more, but you ignore the peeps that were cheering Sheamus in the least. I swear those same peeps were chanting boring for the next match.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
dub post.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Turn Sheamus into a midcarder is more like it. This guy doesn't belong. He sucks. Ziggler totally outclassed him.

·
Registered
12,931 Posts
LOL, IWC solutions always involve a heel turn...

I say we turn the entire roster heel.

The IWC would collectively ejaculate... then whine 2 weeks later. :D

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
I don't think that's happening. They are grooming Sheamus to be the next face of the company after Cena. They've already turned him into the pale Cena.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't think that's happening. They are grooming Sheamus to be the next face of the company after Cena. They've already turned him into the pale Cena.
How's Sheamus supposed to be the next face of the company if he's only one year younger than the current face of the company?

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
How's Sheamus supposed to be the next face of the company if he's only one year younger than the current face of the company?

Why would age matter?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Standard IWC. Want a problem solved? TURN HIM HEEL!!...even though it has very obviously been proven that Sheamus is much better off as a face. Sheamus has been somewhat of a victim of circumstance imo. His boos don't really come from crowd reaction to his character but sympathy towards his opponents. First Bryan now Ziggler.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Giving him an actual storyline that develops his character and expands his stardom while presenting him with a genuine threat would be a much better option, quite frankly.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Sheamus isn't turning heel. Smackdown right now has three faces, Sheamus, Christian, and Sin Cara. And Sin Cara is involved in squash matches and looks to be headed more towards Raw than Smackdown. So he's a weak #3 face.

However, as I've pointed out before, Sheamus isn't over as he should be. He's experienced very dominant booking and there were huge cheers for let's go Ziggler at No Way Out. And then Lawler tried to cover it up by saying that they cheered for Sheamus instead. No, they cheered for Ziggler. It's not surprising as in the past they've cheered for Christian and Bryan over Sheamus.

However, trying to cover the fact that Sheamus isn't as over as he needs to be isn't productive at all. Instead of ignoring the problem, fix it. Make him vulnerable and have him do something to build up the credibility of the heels. People are reacting negatively towards Sheamus because they are tired of seeing Super Sheamus defeat everyone and crush every single opponent's momentum that ends up facing him. Having the title on him isn't doing him any favors either.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
They need to keep him face since most of the guys that can carry him to make him look like he doesn't suck in the ring are heels.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
He was worse as a heel, at least as a face he gets reaction. Sheamus is just not main event material.

Why would age matter?
In this case it matter because he isn't that talented, he draw worse ratings than a bad booked Christian, until Cena retires he not gonna have a chance of being the next face and hes almost the same age.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts