Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Baby It's Violence
7,122 Posts
I mean it's obvious blaming it on video games at all is just a dumb cop out to take zero action in any way to alleviating the gun violence problem.

You could turn it right back at them and blame all those cop shows and such his generation loves watching led to this.

Really pointing out entertainment as an excuse is just completely ignoring the problem entirely.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
blaming video games for this is stupid but if you wanna blame video games then blame movies and TV shows too.
They will blame anything, just as long as it's not guns. The NRA are very clear on this when they buy them........... sorry, I mean when they donate to their campaigns.

The strangest thing is that they will blame games like GTA and Call Of Duty, and do you know what makes those sorts of games so "violent"? It's all those pesky guns. Weird huh?

·
Premium Member
44,042 Posts
Dumb thing to say.

I never liked the idea of blaming media (games, music, tv, movies, etc) for the actions of the nutjobs that may or may not consume it.

I mean when I was a kid, I read Spawn and collected the toys, and I didn't become a violent crazy person. I played GoldenEye religiously as a kid and didn't want to go around and shoot people. I watched Die Hard at age 8 and had no desire to go shoot up an office building. I had troubles at school and issues with teachers and I never once felt the need to "take matters into my own hands" and deal with it in the worst way imaginable, so why are other people making these horrible decisions? I don't know, I'm not an expert, but if these people really are dumb enough to drive inspiration to kill people from the media they consume, then I wish they'd start with themselves and save us all the trouble.

That line from Scream always jumps into my mind when this discussion comes out: "Movies don't make psychos. They just make the psychos more creative" and the same can be applied to video games. If a nut wants to kill people, the nut is going to find a way to do it regardless, and no external media should be held responsible for the actions of a lunatic.

I wish we could get to the bottom of why violence in our culture is so prevalent and what is driving people to just go off and kill 20 people one day. Is it all mental health issues? I have no idea, but I wish we could have a discussion as to why our society is producing such violence without resorting to putting all the blame on entertainment.

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
There needs to be a TV show called "Politicans Say The Darnest Things". I know plenty of people myself included who spend way to much time playing video games / shooters and most of them grew up to be great people.

Clearly gun laws are the problem. Drove to work today and that the pawn shop had pistols starting at $150. I have never purchased a gun but I would hate for the pawn shop not have a waiting period / background check before letting someone purchase a gun. I know around here people leave their guns in the cars, and have had a good amount of instances lately were they were stolen. Definitely not a good situation all around.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
There needs to be a TV show called "Politicans Say The Darnest Things". I know plenty of people myself included who spend way to much time playing video games / shooters and most of them grew up to be great people.

Clearly gun laws are the problem. Drove to work today and that the pawn shop had pistols starting at $150. I have never purchased a gun but I would hate for the pawn shop not have a waiting period / background check before letting someone purchase a gun. I know around here people leave their guns in the cars, and have had a good amount of instances lately were they were stolen. Definitely not a good situation all around.
They can't do this. There wouldn't be enough time for any other shows on TV!

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
A presidential campaign decimated with one post. Impressive

Despite her obvious (and massive) flaws listed above, she still has to be better than Trump though?
lynn's approach to knife crime was particularly impressive though so I will give her that. America could do with a good throat grab on guns right about now.

Reactions: Ninja Hedgehog

·
NBA
3,332 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
You're both absurd, Trump & Walton.

Blaming videogames company by promoting violence is like...
Blaming NASCAR by promoting stupidity and poorness
or blaming mothers lactating babies on crowd by promoting obscenity
or blaming social networks by addicted users
or blaming wrestling by promoting fatal accidents among dully fans

(Sigh) Blaming & banning never going to resolve social problems. When will you learn about it?

·
Registered
458 Posts
You guys still let Trump get under your skin lol. Gonna be a long next 5 years for you.
When the last drip of credibility is drained.

When the clown prince turned his attention back on the ones who thought he was on his side.

When the clown prince turned out to be just the big business crony he always was.

When the mummy's boy had to choose between the gamers who helped him win and the folks with money and he shopped you out quicker than you can say "tighter gun regulations, no chance"

It's nice to know that you can at least finally admit that the only reason you like him is because of the lols and the feels.

Enjoy your lols. Lols are a lovely luxury that some can't afford. I hope yours are worth it.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,428 Posts
When the last drip of credibility is drained.

When the clown prince turned his attention back on the ones who thought he was on his side.

When the clown prince turned out to be just the big business crony he always was.

When the mummy's boy had to choose between the gamers who helped him win and the folks with money and he shopped you out quicker than you can say "tighter gun regulations, no chance"

It's nice to know that you can at least finally admit that the only reason you like him is because of the lols and the feels.

Enjoy your lols. Lols are a lovely luxury that some can't afford. I hope yours are worth it.

I have no idea what this means. And I never even said I was a Trump voter lmao. But hes obviously winning in 2020. Who are the Democrats gonna run? Have you seen Joe Biden try to speak? Elizabeth Warren? LOL. They have another perfect chance to beat Trump and they're gonna blow it again just like they blew it with Hillary.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts